Sign in to follow this  
Oli

Power Steering Pump Dying...

Hi.

Last month my power steering pump started to make a terrible squealing noise, it has got to a point now where the shame of the noise is getting to me and its time i changed it..

Its exceptionally noisy first thing when its cold, once its warmed up it gets better'ish.. Its definately the pump the fluid is A ok i changed that and there is no air in it for sure.

Has anyone changed theirs or have any idea how much I should be looking to pay? There are used ones on eBay for around £30 - £60 or should I only buy new?

Cheers.

Oli

Hi.

Last month my power steering pump started to make a terrible squealing noise, it has got to a point now where the shame of the noise is getting to me and its time i changed it..

Its exceptionally noisy first thing when its cold, once its warmed up it gets better'ish.. Its definately the pump the fluid is A ok i changed that and there is no air in it for sure.

Has anyone changed theirs or have any idea how much I should be looking to pay? There are used ones on eBay for around £30 - £60 or should I only buy new?

Cheers.

Oli

Lots of good used parts out there to keep the cost of ownership down, i would say go for 2nd hand, as new would require the sale of a kidney or other body parts :winky:

it could be the pump weak but i done one last week.

same symptoms.

changed the steering belt & it was ok.

check the belt when full lock to see if its slipping .