Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Speedo

Dinho

That looks sweet! Subtle but very smart, and I like the way the 'Lexus' is almost shadowed out but you can still see it. And |I bet it doesnt look out of place with the heater lights either. Can't wait to get a set now.

Cheers guys. :) I'm just glad I've finally found a set I'm happy with. (thanks mainly to this thread!)

And yes they look fine with the heater dials. White is one of those wonderful colours that can go with almost anything.

Also to 'lightmeup' in your advertising pictures it looks like the bulb behind the fuel guage is either not present or in backwards as theres no light coming from behind it.

Its more noticeable with that kit because the rest of it is so bright, but you can see how the light behind the Odometer fades from bright blue to a duller dark blue.

I've just ordered the white version of the kit, as I've got fed up with the replacement bulbs I bought coming lose in there housings an blinking on and off. And I don't want to solder them in incase I want to switch back the the original orange ones at some point.

Cheers for that :)

Yeah my bad took pic when i was trying different colours (might beable to see on pic i posted on page 1 that i had red in for fuel gauge) must have forgot to put blue bulb back in for photo :oops:

thanks for pointing it out

White looks sweet mind, glad ur happy

Lightmeup

Im going to order the white kit soon, so when you see an order from Dinho-7 that will be me, just letting you know incase I forget to state what colour I want when ordering.

hi guys new to the site, ive just brought a lexus with the dash light changed and must admit i can't wait to revert it back to orignal orange as i cant see nothing on the dash when im driving at night!!

@lightmeup.

Your dash and clocks loko amazing!!!

Been looking at doing my own dash in blue leds/smd's as the orange clashes with the blue car and hids lol.

Only thing putting me off was not been able to locate correct lamps for console air-con controls, speedo etc clocks and the ring around the ignition.

Not afraid of a little soldering or work as I got the car as a bit of a dog and am working on bringing up to spec anyway.

So my question is...

Is there a chance you can list which smd's preferable the ones you have in your setup. (Blue) and how many of each I would require?

Also...Is the soldering actually to solder smd's into LED housings or detaching housing and soldering directly to the stock wiring?

Thanks.

They are being sold as a kit on ebay.

Thanks for that Dinho but I require the whole kit, for console (aircon controls etc)too.

All that is on eBay is the clock set for obviously...Speedo, Rev counter etc etc

Still none the wiser on which smd's or how many are required.

definitely looks like the bulb is gone, might be worth putting one of the bulbs from the other locations in just incase its the holder or something.

i would think its quite likely that its in backwards though, as the chances of all 5 of the diodes on that bulb being shot are pretty small.

theres a big bulb right behind the dark spot in your picture, but it also looks like the small one behind the fuel gauge isnt on either?

I will try swapping the bulbs around thats a good idea, atleast then I will know if any are faulty. The smaller bulbs are quite fiddly, one of them irritated me for a good 10mins. I will check it out 2moro, hope I dont need a replacement already.

i ended up using a pair of those tiny jewellers screwdrivers to get them out, although a very thin pair of needlenose pliers would have been much better.

if you can, the best thing to do would be to wire up the suspected dodgy bulb to a power supply, that way you can check the individual diodes on the bulb.

I ended up using a small set of thin screwdrivers, they worked fine.

Question, what website do you use to post images so that they can be seen on the forum rather than clicking a link, I use image shack.

You can use any site, when you want to put the pic up just click the button that reads "Insert image" when you hover the mouse over it, and paste in there the whole url (web address) for your picture on imageshack, photobucket etc.

@lightmeup.

Your dash and clocks loko amazing!!!

Been looking at doing my own dash in blue leds/smd's as the orange clashes with the blue car and hids lol.

Only thing putting me off was not been able to locate correct lamps for console air-con controls, speedo etc clocks and the ring around the ignition.

Not afraid of a little soldering or work as I got the car as a bit of a dog and am working on bringing up to spec anyway.

So my question is...

Is there a chance you can list which smd's preferable the ones you have in your setup. (Blue) and how many of each I would require?

Also...Is the soldering actually to solder smd's into led housings or detaching housing and soldering directly to the stock wiring?

Thanks.

hi sorry for the delay, have been on hols for a few days, for the centre console i ended up desoldering smds from bulbs i had, was bit of a nightmare tbh, as far as i know you cant buy the smds off the bulbs seperatly (unless bought in bulk), think i only used about 9 (will hopefully have bulbs in there soon)

Fitted mine yesterday, but seems there is a dark patch, wonder if one of the bulbs is faulty, I did swap it around and it went completely black when I did..

Speedo Click Me

Hi Dean, just seen your post, not sure if you have managed to get it working yet but looks like the connectors may need adjusting slightly (little positive/negative legs on bottom of bulb). might need straightening up abit, dark patch like this would only really be caused if full bulb was out.

drop me a line if you need any help

always found photobucket to be the best for uploading pics

I will try to get to the bottom of this later on if its still light when I get home, if the bulb is out, can you just replace the one bulb or do you have to replace the whole set?

hi sorry for the delay, have been on hols for a few days, for the centre console i ended up desoldering smds from bulbs i had, was bit of a nightmare tbh, as far as i know you cant buy the smds off the bulbs seperatly (unless bought in bulk), think i only used about 9 (will hopefully have bulbs in there soon)

Thanks for that Lightmeup.

Want to do centre console and clocks at the same time so news on which smds/leds are required for the centre console would be great. :)

I am assuming that centre console includes heated seat, snow and traction control switches too?

I have a light out in a heated seat switch and behind the air con controls. Hence me requiring console bulbs too. :)

Thanks Lightmeup.

Well looks like im goin to have to wait a little while longer for this mod to be complete as one of the SMD's is faulty I confirmed today. Atleast i know its gona look good when its complete. :)

Got replacement bulb very quickly courtesy of Steve, and this is the end result, not a great picture because I was using my phone to take it, does look better in real life

Speedo

• 2 weeks later...

Got replacement bulb very quickly courtesy of Steve, and this is the end result, not a great picture because I was using my phone to take it, does look better in real life

Speedo

Ok so this is still a work in progress and to convert your aircon controls to LED download this pdf from HERE Big thanks to Fargo for this write up.

However it is a little confusing and outdated so when I have my replacement aircon controls(just in case lol)I will get the job done then update the pdf.

I have already done the electric window and central locking switch on the drivers door.

Waiting for more parts to complete the job.

For the window and central locking you will need 2 surface mount 0805 smt leds. They is small n fiddly. lol I used Ultra Bright Blue and they are pretty damn bright lol.

Btw in the guide it says you need 100 0805's. That is only the case if you are doing your standard stereo and your sat nav. I only used 2 but got 10 for error reasons and I am going to use them for the TRC, Heated Seats and Snow buttons.

I will update this thread when i have completed the work and pdf update.