Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After Market Lexus Ipod Interface & Bluetooth

Hi all,

Got a couple of questions I'm hoping someone might know the answer to. Firstly, if you connect a Bluetooth MP3 player to the Lexus Nav/Entertainment system, do you only get the device name come up on screen, or does it list all the music files, and can they be accessed by touching the screen? Secondly, if you get Lexus to retro fit their after market ipod interface, does this allow access to music files through the touchscreen, or do you still need to select music to play from the ipod itself?

Thanks in advance!

Does the GS have A2DP support then? I didn't know that :)

Even so the A2DP profile won't allow full access like that, the most info you'll get on screen is the track name of the currently playing track, you only get pretty basic control.

With regard to iPod, I believe the Vaistech unit is completely integrated including video: LINK

But the Lexus one should do as well, I'd check with the dealer and I can also recommend AutoAudio in Park Royal if you want some independent advice.

I've got the lexus fit ipod kit in my 450h, the ipod sits in the glove box and you control it via the cd changer. It comes up with the 6 discs as a normal cd changer, but each disc number (1-6) is your playlist's! it also gives you track listings for each track on your playlist and is fully controllable! Only downside is you can't access the track list while on the move as is blocked out! But it works well, needless to say you wont need a cd ever again :) Oh and it charges it too!!

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. So, do you mean the screen controls are frozen out in the same way the DVD and Sat Nav controls are when the car is in motion? If so, can you control the ipod contents in the same way as you can control the CD player i.e using voice control commands?

Cheers Lee

be very careful with the Vaistech, I tried 2 for my 06 450h SE L and lost all audio output as soon as connected so gave up and had Lexus fit approved i pod socket which works well if you organize songs into 6 playlists but yes you loose display when car is moving and I have never managed voice control, no i pod controls work when it is connected, it just shows Lexus logo.

I have the Lexus IPod connector.

The comments you have are correct, but you are not limited to 6 playlists only.

Its scrolls through in 6's, so after the first 6 you get the IPod's 7th playlist,but it comes up as number 1 again.

I control mine via the dash change disc button or on the steering wheel. It scrolls through in alphabetical order, or plays the wholeIPod contents.

I get the track name, and playlist on the screen, but not the artist.

I usually have mine on random play, and it works great. Like another poster said you will never need a CD again.

PG

I have the Lexus IPod connector.

The comments you have are correct, but you are not limited to 6 playlists only.

Its scrolls through in 6's, so after the first 6 you get the IPod's 7th playlist,but it comes up as number 1 again.

I control mine via the dash change disc button or on the steering wheel. It scrolls through in alphabetical order, or plays the wholeIPod contents.

I get the track name, and playlist on the screen, but not the artist.

I usually have mine on random play, and it works great. Like another poster said you will never need a CD again.

PG

How do you select random play?

Via Cars main screen.

You can repeat/random play via cars screen.

There are a few other options as well.

Once the ipod's in the glove box i don't touch it.

You can't select Genre and then choose an album you want which is a bit annoying, but if you select the album you want before you plug it into the car, it will play "last selected" as the car calls it.

PG

• 2 months later...

We have this center armrest jack plug for the ipod on our '58 and it does my head in lol!!

Each time you turn off the ignition and then turn it back on it automatically plays 'last selected', so you can spend days just listening to the same music! I wouldn't be without it of course, but it still annoys the pants off me ;)