Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

please can some one help fitted anti roll bar bushings all and rubbers new front springs new shocks new wishbones top and bottom ball joints car is 1996 ls 400 still scrubbing ground at front over small bumps at speeds over 25 mph and 10 mph over road humps what must i do to remedy please help

please can some one help fitted anti roll bar bushings all and rubbers new front springs new shocks new wishbones top and bottom ball joints car is 1996 ls 400 still scrubbing ground at front over small bumps at speeds over 25 mph and 10 mph over road humps what must i do to remedy please help

What part of the body is scrubbing?

Andy

Andy

thanks for helping it is the front bottom edge of bumper that scrapes regards leon

Andy

thanks for helping it is the front bottom edge of bumper that scrapes regards leon

Unless this is some weird air suspension problem, are you sure you got the correct front springs?

Here's alink to a thread I started last year, which might prove useful http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=65638&st=0&p=711846&hl=+ride%20+height&fromsearch=1entry711846

If you have low profiles fitted on smallish rims, that could cause the problem as could a non-standard boy-racer front skirt. I come down in favour of the incorrect springs and/or suspension set up.

Did it do this before your new parts were fitted?

thanks to all yes problem was there before springs new from lexus i did change wheels and tyres 2 years ago now running on 18 inch rims tyre size 245 45 zr18 100y could it be back suspension not taunt and allowing movement regards leon

thanks to all yes problem was there before springs new from lexus i did change wheels and tyres 2 years ago now running on 18 inch rims tyre size 245 45 zr18 100y could it be back suspension not taunt and allowing movement regards leon