Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK, you start.

Give a date and location for a meet, and I'll post it in the meets section.....or you could :)

I'm pretty easy, so I'll fit in with you!!!

Mike

We could start with your ball joints :)

Andy

I'd be up for a meet up-gives me an excuse to go out and drive somewhere.

I'd be interested in how the MeisterR's affect the ride quality, even though it's the drop in height that I want on mine, and just by this much. Can they be adjusted to drop even lower?

My VW T4 van is dropped 80mm but interestingly (for me at least) the ride comfort hasn't changed, but the handling has improved massively.

Hi Mike,

I'm in south Reading, so not far from you :)

Perhaps we should have a "meet up" at some point.

Andy - You up for it, and where?

Mike

I'm up for a meet if I am the MIKE you are replying to.

Regards Mike

Yes, Bluesman (Mike) I was replying to you.

Let's meet up sooner rather than later as we are so local...

When are you free :)

Then, in early April, myself, Aclex and TigerFish are going to meet up and replace my lower balljoints.

Andy / Rick. Would this be a weekend meet and where?

On a different note, I've posted a meet post in the meetings section...

Mike

I'd be up for a meet up-gives me an excuse to go out and drive somewhere.

I'd be interested in how the MeisterR's affect the ride quality, even though it's the drop in height that I want on mine, and just by this much. Can they be adjusted to drop even lower?

My VW T4 van is dropped 80mm but interestingly (for me at least) the ride comfort hasn't changed, but the handling has improved massively.

Yes they will drop it right on its chassis if you want to go that low :) the comfort is still superb and it has lost the wallowing feeling but is still good over bumps.

Andy

My LS400 stock ride height is not far off that. Needs to be a little lower for my personal preference.

I'm about to bring back some Megan Racing coilovers from the States at the end of the month, they are highly rated and will cost me around £500. That's with me shipping them personally, and 'avoiding' VAT and duty though! ;)

I'm in London and travel down to see my folks in Southampton regularly, so would also be up for a meet.

Yes, Bluesman (Mike) I was replying to you.

Let's meet up sooner rather than later as we are so local...

When are you free :)

Then, in early April, myself, Aclex and TigerFish are going to meet up and replace my lower balljoints.

Andy / Rick. Would this be a weekend meet and where?

On a different note, I've posted a meet post in the meetings section...

Mike

Hi Mike,

As a retired person I can meet up at most Mon & Weds during the day.

and most afternoons. .

Mike

I have an LS430 (2001) belonging to my late husband, which has the red triangle warning light just come ON and VSC? Any idea how much the car is worth with this problem as I need to sell it soon? It had all new ECUs fitted just over a year ago (when we lost the keys ) - the Breakdown Service forced the doors and damaged some ECUs. I also have a spare set of wheels for the LS430 which I was going to have the alloys reconditioned - any idea what they would fetch if I were to sell them?

I have an LS430 (2001) belonging to my late husband, which has the red triangle warning light just come ON and VSC? Any idea how much the car is worth with this problem as I need to sell it soon? It had all new ECUs fitted just over a year ago (when we lost the keys ) - the Breakdown Service forced the doors and damaged some ECUs. I also have a spare set of wheels for the LS430 which I was going to have the alloys reconditioned - any idea what they would fetch if I were to sell them?

Hi BiffMills, the warning lights could mean anything inc O2 sensor, ABS fault etc so it really needs the codes reading for a clearer picture.

Depending how quickly you want to sell the car it would pay you to have the warning lights checked before sale.

As for value, depending on the mileage, service history and condition anywhere between £2500-£6500.

Regarding the wheels, I recently bought a set of 18" LS430 wheels for £140 in need of refurbishment but it depends what size they are.

Hope this helps,

Andy

I also have a spare set of wheels for the LS430 which I was going to have the alloys reconditioned - any idea what they would fetch if I were to sell them?

What size wheels? Do you know if they would fit late 2002 GS 430?

Firstly, thats looks fantastic! Really transforms the car. I can't decide whether its the ride height or the wheels or if I'd need both to get that sort of look. Mines still on the original alloys, which while in excellent condition look pants and are a big contributory factor in dating the cars look.

Second point, noticing the second silver LS in the background there... M425HPC. My silver LS is M415HPC.... Spooky!

Firstly, thats looks fantastic! Really transforms the car. I can't decide whether its the ride height or the wheels or if I'd need both to get that sort of look. Mines still on the original alloys, which while in excellent condition look pants and are a big contributory factor in dating the cars look.

Second point, noticing the second silver LS in the background there... M425HPC. My silver LS is M415HPC.... Spooky!

Glad you like it :) if you have a look at some of my previos posts you will find pics of it with the standard suspension for comparison ;)

As for the one in the background it is Aspen green, the same colour as my other one :)

Andy

I put an enquiry in to Meister R and learnt that their Europa series is not in production for the UCF20 LS400, and that the car shown in this thread is wearing a prototype set of coilovers.

Jerrick at Meister R said that if demand was high enough, he would manufacturer a run of coilovers for the LS400. I've already registered my interest, so any of you thinking about the same, I'd suggest you drop Jerrick a line on Info@MeisterR.com and let him know you are also interested.

I put an enquiry in to Meister R and learnt that their Europa series is not in production for the UCF20 LS400, and that the car shown in this thread is wearing a prototype set of coilovers.

Jerrick at Meister R said that if demand was high enough, he would manufacturer a run of coilovers for the LS400. I've already registered my interest, so any of you thinking about the same, I'd suggest you drop Jerrick a line on Info@MeisterR.com and let him know you are also interested.

I did not know that mine are prototypes???? :o

Andy

I did not know that mine are prototypes???? :o

Andy

If you look on the Meister R website, there is no application listed for Lexus LS400.

• 3 months later...