Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm needing to replace mine too - I've checked ebay, and they are selling these 'flat blades' pretty cheaply - does anyone have experience of these?

Costco do Michelin flat blade wipers universal fit £6.00.work great

• 6 months later...

On 05/06/2015 at 7:35 PM, Malc said:

... and without any grief at all . Toyots / Lexus . correct first time fit ... about £22 ... saves on broken finger nails, fingers and fuel revisiting Halfords etc ..... even tho' it's a great pleasure to drive the Ls at any time. :hocus-pokus:

HaHaHa! LS430. Ordered mine both sides from local Lexus dealer. £62 + change. 

wonder if the Ls400 wiper rubbers are still much less expensive ?

Might find out this summer with a new MOT and the rubbers just scraping a little when the screen was really cold in those wind driven sub zero temperatures we had in Kent

Malc

£62 for wipers!!!  Are they 18ct gold plated? That's the price of 2 oil changes (including 2 filters). I paid a tenth of that price for my wipers (which work brilliantly) and I'm pretty sure the Lexus ones won't last ten times longer.

• Like 1

Can't tell you about the metal used, they still have the wipers. I bought a pair via recommendation from wiper blades ltd at a third of the Lexus cost. 'ooops'! my mistake, just checked receipt. £14:05.Haven't fitted them yet so can't report on quality...

I bought some michelin stealth for about £30 - they lasted about 8 months before starting judder very badly - i decided to go for cheapos this time - set of flat wipers from ap performance - £4 a pair - so far very very good (2 months) and to be honest if they last a year i wont be to fussed

• Like 1

I just buy the cheapo flat blades from eBay now and change then annually. They work really well, but on my wife's RX I left the auto wiper function on and the car was frosted and ripped one when they went off - no great loss at a few pounds, plus I keep a spare set in the boot (year old ones).

I bought  expensive silicon rubber blades for my LS once, but couldn't get on with them as I had to turn off wipers as soon as water cleared otherwise they squeaked terribly.

Pete

• Like 2

On 03/07/2015 at 0:04 PM, malcolmdc said:

Just bought these {and then another pair for when they wear out!) off Fleabay, autoperformanceonline, 290326658647, Aero-types, they fitted easily to my LS400 Mk1, and work brilliantly.

I hope I am as lucky as you. Just checked the ones I got, they are the Aero type too...  I have to wonder if Lexus price by reg. No. or owner's intellect? Just checked an old receipt for wiper blades bought by the previous owner in........ 2009. < wiper blade. L85212 -50060....£31:84 each. wiper blade. L85222-50071... £13:03 each +VAT £8.01 Total £61:38.. Not bad eh! Only a £1 increase in 7 years..