Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

us.lexusownersclub.com - Why?

I posted a comment on Sunday about the new US club. I simply queried why there was felt to be a need for this when there's already a huge similar forum (which was established in April 98) at www.clublexus.com. (I've absoulutely nothing to do with that club by the way, but found it the other day while browsing). My post was definitely there, but has now mysteriously disappeared! Are the moderators of this forum paranoid about competing clubs being mentioned - or am I just paranoid cos my post has vanished??

I dont care if there are other websites out there that are more etablished. If I feel any negativity I will remove posts. If anyone has any negative thoughts then please U2U me direct. Because if i remove posts then people get upset.

This organisation needed to utilize the US traffic so that team lexus was based for eurpeans and Club USA was for US members. The same goes for when we launch Club Asia.

So usually what happens is that when posts go missing it is usually because someone has ****** off the admin who sits here working on the club for hours on end. I just sit here for hours working for fun!

The US club will succeed.. may not have a userbase as what some other clubs have, but at least for those who have joined are members of The Lexus Owners Club which is forming to be a club outside of the internet.

If anyone has any problems with the US site then i suggest you U2U me and tell me your reason why we should not have launched the site.

other than that this club needs positive attituded for it to succeed otherwise negativity spreads throughout when really your question is based to me and not others.

Please please calm down! Firstly, whatever happened to free speech?! Secondly, I am very happy with the UK forum and can assure you that I very much appreciate all the work that yourself and the other administrators put into running this site. However, what you have said about the hours you spend on this site kind of reinforces my original point, which is that I cannot understand why you are starting a US version when there's others already well established for our American friends.

As an enthusiastic Lexus owner I must say I was absolutely delighted to discover teamlexus.co.uk,and I pop into the site nearly every day. However, at the same time I'm glad it appears to be the ONLY site for UK owners as it saves me monitoring/subscribing to several such sites. Often with the web there's to much choice!! Accordingly, it just seemed to me that, as there was already more than one well established US based site, why did you feel the need to add to your workload by creating another one? Now you could simply have answered this, with a response such as:

a) You felt there was suficient demand for another forum.

B) You believe you could offer a better community and forum than the current US ones.

c) You simply want to launch it because of your intense enthusiasm for all things Lexus and would prefer to run such a forum yourself for US owners.

d) There are, or shortly will be, revenue earning opportunities from this and similar sites, so it makes financial sense to increase the revenue earning opportunities by expanding this site into other geographical territories.

Any such answers (or indeed any reasonable answer) would have sufficed, but instead you've decided that my post was "negative" so it simply got deleted!! You didn't even have the good manners to e-mail me to explain your actions. Now of course, I appreciate that as an administrator you have the power and right to delete any messages at your whim - simply because you don't like them. However, I would have thought that a reasoned use of an admninistrator/moderators powers is to moderate/delete posts which are offensive, contain offensive language, are totally irrelevant etc. Instead your reaction in this case smacks of censorship. I accept that my post would have been considered "negative" to you, but surely it was still a reasonable question which was worthy of a response. Of course nobody can see my original post, but I can assure all that it was carefully worded to be as inoffensive as possible and I believed I was simply raising a reasonable question.

Indeed, your over-the-top reaction reinforces my suspicion that you simply did not like me highlighting a competing website - perhaps you were concerned that potential new subscribers to your US forum might look at the site I mentioned and decide to stick with that! I don't know if that's the case, but it certainly seems I've managed to aggravate you!

So now I wonder, will this thread be left up so other members can add their 2 cents to this debate (not just about the new US Lexus forum, but about your policy on deleting posts which are "negative" in your opinion) or do you intend to delete it to shut me up again?

(A very disppointed) Gareth Davies

Gareth,

I dont need to calm down. You don't seem to have got the point of why the club has created the US forums.

We are NOT and I will state again NOT in competition with any other club. The US forums were created to keep the European Forums for European members and US for US and Canadian members along with the Asian members in our soon to be Asian forums.

Also answer to your other comments that we have not created the forums for any financial gain... I pay £250 a month for the dedicated server this site runs on. This organisation does not allow any members, admins or websmasters gain any profits from this club and never will.

We run this club on the Love for Lexus and we want to share our Organisation worldwide... but we dont want to dominate the world but be recognised as a good source of information and not only a forum but an actual outside club.

If you dont like our point gareth then we dont ask you to visit the US forums...

I aplogies if my post removing has upset you.. but I have stipulated terms and conditions on every forum and it states that We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation

If you disagree with our terms then please do not post.

The US forums are staying... so end of story.

Fine. Thanks for your answer. I have no problem with the US forums - it makes no odds to me, I simply asked why, for *****'s sake! And you're right, I did not get the point of the forums, so I asked what the point was..... and my post got deleted for asking!!

From now on I'll be careful not to post any other messages that may be regarded as being at all "negative" as I'm now well aware I risk getting them deleted or having my head bitten off for having the gall to question any of your decisions !! :rolleyes:

Have a nice day.

If I may stick my nose in.... I think team lexus / lexus owners club is more of a multinational car club. We have members not just from the UK but the rest of Europe, North America and Asia.

It makes sense to create seperate areas for members from each of these territories so that they may discuss region specific topics such as meets.

You will find many other Lexus car clubs like clublexus and is300.net but they tend to be US-centric and one of them doesn't seem to be too well moderated (this is not flame bait, please don't gun me down, its just an observation!).

Finally, while we're not in direct competition with the other Lexus clubs around, there is never any harm in users having a choice of which site they wish to use and we're here providing one more choice for them to consider.

Hope that helps.

[Edited on 23-4-2002 by GCHQAgent]

Can't we all just be friends?:(:P:(

I just appreciate all the hard work you guys put in making this site so good. I am not brown nosing anyone by saying that, but I think that Steve + crew are obviously very good at running this club as you can tell by the number of new members joining all the time and we should let them run it how they see fit. If 75% of our visitors are from the US, then we should have a section for them. Like Steve said, we are not in competition with any other club.

I am certainly very happy with how the club is run. Keep up the good work guys:smilegrin:;):D

Now I think that you guys should kiss and make up:D

Now I think that you guys should kiss and make up:D

Hand-shake should be enough...:tumble:

BTW I think GCHQAgent got the point.

It makes sense to create seperate areas for members from each of these territories so that they may discuss region specific topics such as meets.

I think team lexus uk has lost the plot a bit reason i joined was to get away from some of the idiotic posts on the us site. I am beginning to wonder where this is going, I was about to subscibe my twenty five quid but i am having second thoughts, sorry Steve but we're europeans.

I can see were you are all coming from, yes the club is growing, but look at it like this, if someone knocks on your door it is nice to make them feel welcome.

We get a large number of veiwings world-wide( mainly US/Asia, so isnt it good manners to allocate them a forum. To me this simly say's welcome we know you are there join the club.

It all helps to make our UK club bigger and better.

very true tony..........

lexuscol,how does the fact that our US members affect the european club..........they have there forum,you have your european forum,i fail to understand why that would make it awkward for you.

mat

OK.. I am going to leave this thread to the committee to decide what happens to it...

I am taking a break for a day or two as I am under too much strain with moving my office and maintaining everything.

If the committee wishes to remove this thread then go ahead and do so.

If I have offended anyone then i apologies

please don't overact.!!

stay cool

We are all visiting different Lexus sites and forums anyway, includingUS forums.

So I think that the initiative of administrator is one out of enthousiasm, and love for the car.

Nobody needs to be offended by any effort made to expand the UK club.

It will prove itself if it works. If not ,no harm done, at the end we are all europeans eager to read about, learn and discuss problems regarding our passion for lexus. The more forums the better I would say!!

Don't worry * be happy :yes::smilegrin:

I am taking a break for a day or two as I am under too much strain with moving my office and maintaining everything.

Steve enjoy your break, you deserve it. If it wasn't for you and the rest of the lads we would not even have a Lexus Club. You run it how you all see fit. For me that is continuing a great job, for a great vision. well done you guys :D:D:D:D

Steve enjoy your break, you deserve it. If it wasn't for you and the rest of the lads we would not even have a Lexus Club. You run it how you all see fit. For me that is continuing a great job, for a great vision. well done you guys :D:D:D:D

Seconded - have a great break Steve