Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my car passed the mot last month, but the bushes are pretty worn.

When I took the car to an independent dealer, he mentioned that the bushes on the front can't be bought independently, you have to buy the whole wishbone arm from lexus (really?).

This dealer makes his own replacement bushes for the back, which brings down the cost.

Has anyone replaced the bushes on their 400 yet? Any good, cheap places to get it done? Does it make a big difference when you change them? My car is a 92 with 160k.

Thanks.

The mechanic is talking rubbish. I've been a car mechanic for 12 years and on the Lexus I know all the tyres, windscreen, electronics, chassis, bodywork and engine have to be replaced when the bushes go. In fact everything but the steering wheel needs to be replaced.

I can do the job for you and as a special offer, I'll only charge £180,000 but I'm not guaranteeing that it'll fix the problem.

I can do the job for you and as a special offer, I'll only charge £180,000 but I'm not guaranteeing that it'll fix the problem.

erm... I think you got the number wrong there mate.

suggest you read it again

for £180000 he will replace more than the bushes :whistling::whistling:

still seems a little steep though perhaps he will knock 10% of for being gold thats £18000 must be the best saving yet :blush:

You're right I was wrong. The steering wheel needs to be replaced too. That's another £10,000 pushing the price up to £190,000 but I'm not guaranteeing it'll fix the problem.

You're right I was wrong. The steering wheel needs to be replaced too. That's another £10,000 pushing the price up to £190,000 but I'm not guaranteeing it'll fix the problem.

You could buy 3 new LS's for that price???

Seriously Maneesh,

It sounds like your independent dealer is a shyster. The old "I'll have to replace the whole unit" scam is one that everyone who has had dealings with any rogue trader should be familiar with.

Suspension bushes are separate from the metal work as they're rubber and I would have thought they could easily be sold seperately and very cheaply. The cheapness means a rogue trader will try and bump up the price. This is my non-professional opinion as I'm not really a car mechanic. :winky:

Have you had a second opinion from a Lexus dealership?

ps I always get a second opinion from dentists and they always, ALWAYS give different opinions. I've stopped wearing spectacles and my eyesight is improving though it's taking a long time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links