Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange Noise When Accelerating

Hi guys, I finally got around to installing my in car system today to my Lexus IS200. I have put in a Armageddon double 12" active subwoofer, a Juice JA590 2 Channel amp driving a set of Edge ED306 component speakers all connected to my Clarion MAX688RBT head unit.

Strange thing is now, when I accelerate in my car I get a strange sound, kinda like a turbo spooling up and it eases off as I ease off the throttle. Do I have a bad earth somewhere or have I connected something wrong as it all sounds really nice? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OK thanks, I have tried sanding down the areas in the boot I use for earthing the 2 amps but the noise is still there. I have been told to get an in line noise suppressor, would that work? Will this whine be causing any damage to anything? Thanks again

Good idea, I never thought of that. It shouldn't be that much of a problem to run the cable, I just need to find a long enough run of earth cable or will any decent grade of cable do it? If I could get some cheap enough I could fit it over the weekend as I'm off work. Thanks for the great tip