Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Insurance

Atleast twice a week I do a search on compare websites for insurance for the Lexus, which prices do change daily.

Im just wondering how much people are paying on insurance and what time of the year you are more likely to get cheaper insurance, if it works that way!?

Im 26 and have been quoted: £1430 per year if paid in full, or £1633 total if paid monthly (2 different providers)

I have had my licence nearly 5 years and have got 3 years NCB

Ive havent insured the Lexus yet as I am still paying on another car, but want to have it insured before summer time.

Just want to compare with current Lexus drivers if you dont mind stating your premium and age so I can see if I am getting ripped off.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 33, just me on the insurance, down to 3 years NCB after a bump last year, a few cosmetic mods but nothing bhp-increasing, around £550 annually.

If you really want to be annoyed find out what Ormi pays for his supercharged, heavily modified IS... :lol:

hahahahaha i knew i'd come in to this.........

yous sitting down???

£220 fully comp....... i'm 30 with 5 years ncd.....

I am gobsmacked Ormi! Did your car used to be a Ford Fiesta or something, how is that price possible! wow lol

Sprinter I'd say you are gettin a good deal, weird thing is in Feb when I did the quote, I could of been insured for less than £900 a year, so I cant understand how this £500 all round anual price jump is justified.

One yr NCD, 22, Paying £245 a MONTH. But I have been a very naughty boy in the past so it's fully justified. :unsure:

LOL Daz, you been playin tic, but with your car? Thats a painfull amount!

I am gobsmacked Ormi! Did your car used to be a Ford Fiesta or something, how is that price possible! wow lol

Sprinter I'd say you are gettin a good deal, weird thing is in Feb when I did the quote, I could of been insured for less than £900 a year, so I cant understand how this £500 all round anual price jump is justified.

Ormi has... let's say fairly unique circumstances around his policy :D Though I wonder what the cost would be if you took the Mrs off the policy, Ormi? :D

Ormi has... let's say fairly unique circumstances around his policy :D Though I wonder what the cost would be if you took the Mrs off the policy, Ormi? :D

Oo yes I remember, Ive read one of his long threads and I can understand why, not really fair in my eyes but understandable, just need to make my girlfriend a copper or be one myself lol

I changed my policy halfway through. Was paying £600 on a 1.8 astra. The insurance wanted £300 extra to insure the lexus until october fully comp (Went from tpf&t to fully comp).

Dreading the renewall coming through!

Location does count for a bit, but I don't see how over £500 can be added to the cost of a policy within a month can be justified, regardless of where you live, I think there are too many false claims, people who get their car written off on purpose or stolen. Thats the sort of thing everyone else pays for, the people who do it don't care, because they will keep doing it aslong as they are making money.

:) It's not just the copper part... it's the Traffic Cop part :D

Ormi, what you reckon it would be if the Mrs wasn't on the policy?

em it goes up to just under £1000 ouch!!.........yip so the wife can stay on their!!lol

To Dinho...premiums have gone up massively recently due to the huge number of claims in the last 18 months from things like flooding. Insurance companies having to fork out because half of scotland got flooded last year and had their cars written off...someones gotta put the money back in their pocket. :whistling:

On the plus side, from the end of next year (I think) european ruling has stated thats its going to be illegal for insurance companies to penalise male drivers based on their gender.

So on average, premiums for young male drivers could go down by 10%, whereas they could go up by as much as 25% for young women!

Yes I hear that, but don't you think its still a con, what about all the years where there have been no natural disasters and therefore not as many claims, they are making shed loads of money, so in truth the insurance companies are most likely still in the green, but not as much.

And yes ive heard that about women getting lower premiums will be illegal next December, im glad because its sexist, but I can just imagine, we wont see a drop, the women will see a rise to our level so they can make more money, after all, if we have spare money the government will find a way to get it from us.

em it goes up to just under £1000 ouch!!.........yip so the wife can stay on their!!lol

Can I put her on my policy too? :lol::whistling:

To Dinho...premiums have gone up massively recently due to the huge number of claims in the last 18 months from things like flooding. Insurance companies having to fork out because half of scotland got flooded last year and had their cars written off...someones gotta put the money back in their pocket. :whistling:

On the plus side, from the end of next year (I think) european ruling has stated thats its going to be illegal for insurance companies to penalise male drivers based on their gender.

So on average, premiums for young male drivers could go down by 10%, whereas they could go up by as much as 25% for young women!

Interesting that them 'equalising' them would result in such widely different percentages being applied... who thinks they just don't want to put mens insurance down the 25% they're putting womens up? Just another way to charge more overall, if they cut one set of prices by 10% and the other set rises by 25%!

21 year old, on lexus is200 - 0NCB - less than 1 year named driver insurance - fully comp with elephant - £1200 - have added my mum and dad as named drivers - car in my name. Personally think it's not bad for my circumstances. Your quote does sure sound expensive!

2007 Lexus is 220d.

24 years old

5 years protected no claims

London postcode (this is the clincher :()

Sp50 motorway 3 point conviction

6000 business miles, 2000 social miles

Kept in underground parking mostly

£1125 fully comp, £250 excess.

That's with Sky insurance who i've been with for 3 years with a Honda civic VTI and a BMW 325i.

Not particularly happy to be honest, but with my postcode and using it for business I can't get better anywhere, and the excess is quite good for my age. I'm expecting it to go down a tad in november when i'm 25 and have 6 years no claims.

Also have a CBR600f that costs me £750 third party! Can't win with my crap postcode. Would be bliss if I was still living in Devon.

36, 2yrs NCB on fully comp with 2 accidents in the last 5 years (1 non-fault) = £850ish with Esure.

The original quote with them went up by £80 when I made sure they were aware that it had the Aero kit on it (factory fitted). Bit of a rip-off, but better than Elephant who cancelled my policy when I told them about the styling kit. For some bizarre reason insuring a Sport was fine, but not with the kit! :tsktsk: