Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Insurance

Im starting to realise that there isnt much consistancy with insureres pricing, and the fact they bump up premium for added bit of plastic that doesnt add speed does make me wonder!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there, im 23, 1yr no claims, driving 5 and a half yrs, with 6points for a no insurance conviction last jan. and im paying 615 f.comp!!!! insured with more than. ( thats with the mrs aswel)

at time of quote i was 39, 1 accident 2009 no blame, no points now :), ncd protected, legal protection, personal accident, £750 ice and sat nav cover and 60 days free EU insurance.

Just over £400 fully comp from hastings Direct.

Pays to shop around.

Im seeing some varied quotes and only Nero is paying more than me, think him only being in the UK for 1 year and is 6 years younger has a lot to do with it, not so much age, some are getting what I consider, good deals!

Have a play on confused.com - you will always find that admiral and elephant are always cheapest. Everytime I did a quote on any car they'd always pop up at the top two even though I'd put myself in the risk catagory due to my age and lack of NCB. Worth a try buddy ;)

Mine is due in may, Iam 26 living in essex about 20 mins from london last year i paid £ 850 7 years NCB, 3rd party F/T,

I did a quote on confused (and i was after i looked at the prices)

the lowest with 8 years NCB was £ 1680 for the same cover as last year how the hell do they work that one out.

i didnt pay that much when i 1st passed my test.

Tony, its just a rip off, In my eyes insurance isnt anything to do with how long you have had your licence or how many years NCB you have or how old you are, because as youve just stated youve been driving 8 years, but your insurance has gone up nearly double! There are some 20 year olds paying a lot less than us. But I think when people come to re-new their policy if its within the next 3-6 I think they will see a rise. Im going to wait until summer to insure mine.

Tony, its just a rip off, In my eyes insurance isnt anything to do with how long you have had your licence or how many years NCB you have or how old you are, because as youve just stated youve been driving 8 years, but your insurance has gone up nearly double! There are some 20 year olds paying a lot less than us. But I think when people come to re-new their policy if its within the next 3-6 I think they will see a rise. Im going to wait until summer to insure mine.

To true Dinho it is just a rip off, am waiting for a call back from sky insurance see what they come back with,

after i posted my comment i went back onto confused, the last quote i did was about 4-5 days ago it has now gone up again to amost £1900

if this is the case as much as i love my car (am sure we all do) i will have to sell her.

Any one looking to buy the nuts of an IS300 (check your insurance) 1st !!!

That's commitment Nero.

Most I paid was 1600 on a 1.8 celica when I was 18, at least yours has some kind of performance :P

Had a Honda CRX i-VT before it was 1600, so i was expecting about 500 rise.. but it only rose 300, so im quite happy :) ... i do like cars too much that i could drive a corsa or some sh.....

Only thing that bothers me is the 245/40/r17 on the rear, and no LSD.... makes me sad when i see my friends 323ci with 205 going down the parking lot :D ;/ (im not a boy racer,but i do like to have my fun :) )

To true Dinho it is just a rip off, am waiting for a call back from sky insurance see what they come back with,

after i posted my comment i went back onto confused, the last quote i did was about 4-5 days ago it has now gone up again to amost £1900

if this is the case as much as i love my car (am sure we all do) i will have to sell her.

Any one looking to buy the nuts of an IS300 (check your insurance) 1st !!!

Ok so i had this nice guy call me this morning from sky insurance,

Even with my 8 year NCB and LOC discount the lowest price he could find,

Was £2500 full comp and £2250 3RD Party F/T :crying: ...........But my excess would be £750 on both. :o

am going to have to sell my car :angry:

Ok so i had this nice guy call me this morning from sky insurance,

Even with my 8 year NCB and LOC discount the lowest price he could find,

Was £2500 full comp and £2250 3RD Party F/T :crying: ...........But my excess would be £750 on both. :o

am going to have to sell my car :angry:

Surely you can get a much better deal than that, have you tried money supermarket? Im going to have another go today and see what the difference is. But £2K+ is beyond belief! id expect to pay that if I were driving an Evo 8!

Surely you can get a much better deal than that, have you tried money supermarket? Im going to have another go today and see what the difference is. But £2K+ is beyond belief! id expect to pay that if I were driving an Evo 8!

Evo 8....now i would'nt mind one of them !!!

may be when iam about 50-60 years old i may get insurance on one with out needing a mortgage, :winky:

I just did one on money supermarket, £1500 full comp with INSURETHEBOX but have to have one of them telematics boxs,

So i dont go over 6000 miles within the year no issue there,

and so they know when iam driving to fast and/or braking to hard, :lol:

May be an issue 3.0l on motorways she does like to stretch her legs and blow out the cob webs !!!! :winky:

Has any one had one of these on there car :question:

We have them on the vans where i work and they are a pain in the a**,

i was about to buy my lexus and i thought id check the difference in insurance before i bought it.

1998 Vw Polo 6N 1.4 8v £1450 P/a fully comp

2000 Lexus IS200 2.0 24v £1100 P/a fully comp

that absoultly made my mind up! i wasnt going to pay 1500 for a ****ty polo if i could insure a lexus for 1100!!

but tbf that £350 has gone straight in the tank! i cant get enough of the VVTi!

How old are you stix, and how long have you been driving?

I done another search and new quote is £1551.23 with Right Choice (but to me it would be the wrong choice at that price)

Im optimistic that prices will come down next month, deffinately hope so by June

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links