Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In-dash Cd Cartridge Stuck

1995 LS400 with 6 disc in dash nakamichi changer. son put in cartridge likely with one cd up side down. now will play only on 1 disc and will not eject. gets stuck. if try other discs get error codes 11 and/or 13. any ideas? thanks for the help adams308

hello, i am a lexus cd changer expert. i suspect he put 2 cds in 1 slot. if you can get the cd tray back in the magazine than you can use the manual eject button. try shutting off the cd changer when the cd is back in the magazine. then you can use the manual eject button on the bottom of the changer which is in a hole in the bottom. use small screw diver to eject the magazine .you will have to remove the faceplate and the changer from the dash to be able to do the manual eject. if you force out the magazine it will ruin the 700 pounds cd changer. hopefully once you manually eject the magazine you can relieve the magazine malfunction.i have email pictures on how to remove the changer from the dash . please send your email address and i will email the onformation. it is not difficult to remove the changer you just need to know where the scres and the spring loaded pop outs are.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i am a pioneer expert. the lx470 was made by fujitsu ten with no experience making indash changers. pioneer has been making changers since 1988 so has a 10 year jump on fujitsu making reliable changers.both fujitsu attemps (is300, lx470)have been a disaster. the toyota 6 disc indash is made by gms delco believe it or not with the jbl name on it and much more reliable than the toyota owned fujitsu changer. the dealer should replace those changers because they started breaking from day 1. this is not a lexus owner caused malfunction it is a fujitsu changer which crashes everytime a certain brand of cdr is used. that is a design defect and the dealer should repair it for nothing and even return your cds with a working unit noatter if its out of warranty or not. i am sure they get 10 fujitsu changers to send to repair for one pioneer made changer.

forgive me being pedantic but is the LS 400 in question fitted with a pioneer then and not a Nakamichi?

What is fitted in my Mk 2 GS 300. its the in glove box CD with the Non Sat nav radio cassette double din unit... the standard jobbie.

Cheers,

Loz :zee:

HERE IS THE PEDANTIC ANSWER WHATEVER THAT MEANS.THE CD CHANGER IN THE 1996 LS400 FOR BOTH PIONEER SYSTEM AND THE NAKAMICHI ARE BOTH MADE BY PIONEER. THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 IN 96 IS THE NAKAMICHI HAS A EQUALIZER BOX ATTACHED TO THE BACK OF THE PIONEER MADE CHANGER. NAKAMICHI HAS NEVER MADE A FACTORY CD CHANGER FOR A LEXUS . THE NAKAMICHI SYSTEM USUALLY MEANS THE AMP AND OR EQUALIZER IN LS400 EXAMPLE WAS MADE BY NAKAMICHI.................................................................................................................. THE GS300/400 MK 2 STANDARD PIONEER CHANGER CDX-M8076ZT IS A SYSTEM ALL TO ITSELF. NO OTHER LEXUS GLOVEBOX CHANGER WILL WORK EXCEPT GS CHANGER. THE NAKAMICHI SYSTEM IN GS MODEL AGAIN HAS A DIFFERENT AMPLIFIER ALTHOUGH THE CHANGER WAS STILL MADE BY PIONEER CDX-M8476ZT. IT HAS 12 PIN PLUG BUT THE STANDARD GS CHANGER HAS A 10 PIN PLUG. ARE YOU CONFUSED? THAT MUST BE WHAT LEXUS WAS TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH AS THERE IS NO REASON TO HAVE ALL THE DIFFERENT CHANGERS AND PLUGS EXCEPT TO CONFUSE THE OWNER ON GETTING A USED CHANGER........................................................................................ IF THE MARK 2 GS WAS ORDERED WITHOUT A CD CHANGER THE CARS WERE NOT PREWIRED FOR THE CD CHANGER CABLE AND YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HOOK UP A CD CHANGER UNLESS YOU ORDERED A NEW ONE FROM LEXUS WHICH INCLUDES THE CABLE. THE CD CHANGER CABLE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE AVAILABLE FROM LEXUS UNLESS YOU ORDER THE CHANGER FROM THEM. WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS BEHIND LEXUS DOING SUCH A THING? WHY DIDNT THEY PREWIRE THE NON CD CHANGER CAR LIKE EVERY OTHER MK2 MODEL. EX.RX.LS ARE ALL PREWIRED EVEN IF NOT ORDERED WITH A CD CHANGER.COULD THE 600 POUND DEALER PRICE FOR A 200 POUND USED JAP SPARE CHANGER BE SOME MOTIVATION.

• 1 month later...

piocdx,

I own 92 LS400 w/ Nakamichi & 6 CD changer (MADE BY PIONEER??), Radio works fine, but CD changer shown Error when I put the disks in and try to play. I checked CD right sides are placed in the cartridge. What's wrong with it? Any diagnostic steps that I can do?

Yes the 92 nakamichi system changer is made by pioneer model cdx-m9471zt. it had a factory defect that eventually caused the changer to error out. ALso the spindle motor could be out or the laser out of focus or may just need cleaning. i would suggest replacing with the 93 to 94 ls400 cdx-m8036zt changer a version of which is still being used in 7 series bmw as late as 2002. this changer had all the defects remedied.

• 2 weeks later...
hello, i am a lexus cd changer expert. i suspect he put 2 cds in 1 slot. if you can get the cd tray back in the magazine than you can use the manual eject button. try shutting off the cd changer when the cd is back in the magazine. then you can use the manual eject button on the bottom of the changer which is in a hole in the bottom. use small screw diver to eject the magazine .you will have to remove the faceplate and the changer from the dash to be able to do the manual eject. if you force out the magazine it will ruin the 700 pounds cd changer. hopefully once you manually eject the magazine you can relieve the magazine malfunction.i have email pictures on how to remove the changer from the dash . please send your email address and i will email the onformation. it is not difficult to remove the changer you just need to know where the scres and the spring loaded pop outs are.

I have a 1996 LS400. The in-dash CD Changer was reporting an ERR 21. This happened a few times and then it stopping playing the CDs. I have tried a CD cleaner, but it will not play the CD cleaner. Any other ideas? The dealer wants $325-$450 to take CD Changer out and send it somewhere to be fixed. Is this a reasonable price?

• 3 months later...

PIOCDX,

See you know your CD players so let me run this problem by you. I have a 93 LS with the Stock CD Player. This problem started last week. Now when I play a CD it appears to run just fine in the display but I have to turn the volume full blast to barley hear the CD playing. However, the radio works just fine with the volume. It is just the CD player. I have cleaned the lens which didn't help. Someone recommended replacing the board that contains the amp chip.... cdx-m8036zt

Ever run into this problem? Cd plays just have to turn volume full blast and then you can hardly hear it unless you listen closely.

thanks

Wussup, I'm very new to this site so bear with me... I too am looking for guidance re:CDs stuck in my changer. I own a 2002 IS300 Sportcross and the CD changer is stuck. I get an ERROR 3 message and I have 5 CDs inside that I can't get out. Any help out there??? Thanx

• 1 year later...