Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heating Pipes Not Right

5556221092_d3a8b93606_b.jpg

Obviously that shiny bracket isn't just there to look pretty. So would I be correct in presuming that it should be bolted to the engine block? There's a handy hole and thread visible next to the plastic cover.

I'm wondering if someone put the pipes back in in the wrong order.

5556221092_d3a8b93606_b.jpg

Obviously that shiny bracket isn't just there to look pretty. So would I be correct in presuming that it should be bolted to the engine block? There's a handy hole and thread visible next to the plastic cover.

I'm wondering if someone put the pipes back in in the wrong order.

Been and had a look, but mine is rather different.

Looks like it has had part off the system removed, judging by the little pipe stubb that goes nowhere. Looking at the Sewell online parts diagram (for yank versions I know), there should be a loop going off to heat the bottom egde of the windscreen - for the wipers??. That clamp looks like it probably held that loop in place somehow.

Yeah, checked mine and hoses should be the other way round and the bracket bolted to the head.

Hopefully you can see from the images below, although mine is not as clean as yours and my BB takes "not so good" pics.

Reading-20110324-00042.jpg

Reading-20110324-00041.jpg

Thanks

Mike

Right thanks that's a job for tomorrow then I think, I don't like the idea of pipes rubbing where they shouldn't!

Interesting the mention of heated wipers - are the windscreen jet nozzles heated?

No washers are not heated nor are the wipers, at least not on UK models. Pity really.

Pete

Interesting the mention of heated wipers - are the windscreen jet nozzles heated?

No washers are not heated nor are the wipers, at least not on UK models. Pity really.

Pete

Just out of interest ,I used to own a 1990 mk2 golf gti, it had heated washers jets !!! Come on lexus,,, keep up lol

Pete

Just out of interest ,I used to own a 1990 mk2 golf gti, it had heated washers jets !!! Come on lexus,,, keep up lol

Yeah, my '92 BMW 325 Coupe had them. Infact, I put the non-heated ones back on when I sold it so still have the heated ones in the garage, I wonder if the nozzles would fit the GS :shifty:

Toyota Celsior,I don't know if the washers are heated but 2 reservoirs,1 for screenwash (push the end button) the other for clean water rinse (pull the stalk towards you)!!! :D