Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Auto Unlocking Function

Not read the manual or in fact own one but...

Mine auto-locks if I unlock the car and don't open a door within 30 seconds.

Not 100% on this but I am pretty sure also that if I get out the car and forget to lock it, it sets itself after around the same time.

Can't confirm or deny the latter yet but I am fairly confident that on the odd occasion I have forgotten to lock the car and have gone to open the door only to find it locked.

I am sure someone else will clarify that though. :)

BTW I have a 2002/3 Sport. If that makes a difference?

Hi all, just want to know if anyones is200 has the auto unlocking function, as per users manual ? cheers

Hi yes mine does,also had it on my Xedos 6,locks after 30 seconds if none of the doors are opened when you unlock the car.

hmm, it says in the manual that " All the doors are unlocked automatically when the drivers door is opened within 10 sec after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" positon..

Really? If you have it to hand, what page is that on? I'll have to check that out as I'm pretty sure mine doesn't do that :ohmy:

Hi all, just want to know if anyones is200 has the auto unlocking function, as per users manual ? cheers

Hi yes mine does,also had it on my Xedos 6,locks after 30 seconds if none of the doors are opened when you unlock the car.

you are aware that what you say and the original question are completely opposite? lock and unlock are 2 different actions :)

hmm, it says in the manual that " All the doors are unlocked automatically when the drivers door is opened within 10 sec after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" positon..

Really? If you have it to hand, what page is that on? I'll have to check that out as I'm pretty sure mine doesn't do that :ohmy:

its on page 36

Just tried mine and it doesn't do this.... I'm assuming it means that if you have locked all the doors after getting in the vehicle by using the door lock/unlock button the doors will unlock when you open the drivers door??? Well i got in turned on the ignition and then locked the doors.... Then turned the ignition off and tried opening the drivers door and nothing happened.... I had to unlock all the doors using the lock/unlock button to get out of the car.

Cheers

Dave.

Checked this out and mine doesn't do it - but it is also not mentioned in the manual either. Is yours a pre-2001 car by any chance?

Just to add to my post above.... Mine is a 2004 car and it does mention it as the OP says on page 36 of the manual.

Cheers

Dave.

Ahh, so this applies to later cars rather than early ones. I can't find it in my manual on page 36, or anywhere else in that whole section about locking.

It's possible this came in later but then not available in UK cars (as with other things) - for this to make any sense the drivers door has to unlock when you pull the handle (like on the IS250), if you have to flip the lock manually then you may as well just hit the unlock switch on the door.