Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Throttle Body

Cleaned the throttle body today to try and improve a slightly rough idle (its either idling slightly low or there's a minor misfire). Surprisingly easy to get to it, just remove the air filter box and tubing (including some kind of vacuum chamber or oil separator perhaps), and there it is:

5558714416_c2dfeee5d4_b.jpg

5558132303_e00e6230b8_b.jpg

Pretty filthy I think you'll agree. A bit of carb cleaner and a rag and:

5558132085_46ac4f7311_b.jpg

The metalwork was filthy black inside. The engine wouldn't start when it all went back together, probably soaked plugs I reckon, since once she did start she was fine. Idled a little high for a few minutes, about 1500rpm, but she soon came back down.

Cleaned the throttle body today to try and improve a slightly rough idle (its either idling slightly low or there's a minor misfire). Surprisingly easy to get to it, just remove the air filter box and tubing (including some kind of vacuum chamber or oil separator perhaps), and there it is:

5558714416_c2dfeee5d4_b.jpg

5558132303_e00e6230b8_b.jpg

Pretty filthy I think you'll agree. A bit of carb cleaner and a rag and:

5558132085_46ac4f7311_b.jpg

The metalwork was filthy black inside. The engine wouldn't start when it all went back together, probably soaked plugs I reckon, since once she did start she was fine. Idled a little high for a few minutes, about 1500rpm, but she soon came back down.

That looks clean compared to how mine was :)

Andy