Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermittent Shaking In Steering Wheel & Gear Box

Hi,

My car has picked up a problem it stakes intermittently through the steering wheel, gear box/stick, well all over the place but then all of a sudden it will stop but then appear again later.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be - had someone look at it and they said its not tyres or tracking as that wouldnt resolve it self wilst driving and he wasnt too sure what it was.

has anyone seen this before or have any ideas on what I could check.

-Thank you

Just a thought would a sticky/seized break calipper do this?

*Also to add my gear box has been weird and its been tough to get it into 2nd from first when moving but when stand still it would be easy, that is Intermittent aswell = not sure if that is related to the shaking :crybaby: I dont know what to do considering putting it into a garage but they could spend days looking at it and not resolve it but still give me a large bill for the labour :duh:

Yes, a sticky caliper would cause vibration through gearstick and steering wheel.

Also would cause car to pull to one side slighty.

Easiest way to check is to feel is your wheel hot after driving.

Second easiest way is to jack car up and see which wheel won't spin freely

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links