Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattling Dash On Is200

Might be of use to someone? Ever since i picked my is200 up 2 wks ago, its had an annoying rattle from behind dash...or so i thought.

Worse on setting off and idling at traffic lights, anyway had dash apart and no luck. Finally ive traced it to the 2 metal pipes fastened to bulkhead under bonnet.One of the rubber sleaves round pipe was missing, replaced it and silence....

Had a rattle i the car and what ever i did, hit aplly pressure too i could'nt find what the hell it was till 2 days ago when due to it being sunny i opened the sun roof and it went away!

Found out that the wind deflector that pops up when the roofs open was banging when the roof was shut!

Old did of wiper blade rubber in the space did the trick..

had a rattle by air vents. it was random at 1st but became more presistant & annoying.

after many weeks found out that it was the ambi pure air freshner loose!!!

• 2 months later...

Had a rattle i the car and what ever i did, hit aplly pressure too i could'nt find what the hell it was till 2 days ago when due to it being sunny i opened the sun roof and it went away!

Found out that the wind deflector that pops up when the roofs open was banging when the roof was shut!

Old did of wiper blade rubber in the space did the trick..

I can't belive it! I found a random bit of rubber about 8 inches long (Not a dildo) in my car which looked similar to a section of wiper blade, after moving it around constently for a month I decided it hadn't fallen off of anything important/probably wasn't from the car at all, so I binned it. And lo, I now have a rattle from the closed sun roof. This comment triggered me to check the wind deflector with the roof open and guess what, I can see a clean part about 8 inches long where the offending seal fell from. Damn it! I wish I'd kept it for another few weeks! Time for some DIY I think.

Thank you!

B

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links