Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Metal Grinding Sound From Rear When Turning Right

petej

Hello, I'm after some help please. I had constant metal grinding sound from the drivers side rear wheel. The disc on that side was badly corroded so I had the discs and pads on the back changed as I thought would get rid of the noise. I now get an even louder noise from that same wheel but only when turning right. The noise doesn't increase or decrease when I brake.

And, since the pads and discs were changed the handbrake has loads more travel in it. I parked on a slope and I pulled the handbrake up to where I normally would and the car rolled back. I'm presuming the noise and the handbrake travel are related but maybe they are not.

Any ideas what could be causing the noise?

Hello, I'm after some help please. I had constant metal grinding sound from the drivers side rear wheel. The disc on that side was badly corroded so I had the discs and pads on the back changed as I thought would get rid of the noise. I now get an even louder noise from that same wheel but only when turning right. The noise doesn't increase or decrease when I brake.

And, since the pads and discs were changed the handbrake has loads more travel in it. I parked on a slope and I pulled the handbrake up to where I normally would and the car rolled back. I'm presuming the noise and the handbrake travel are related but maybe they are not.

Any ideas what could be causing the noise?

It's most likely the backplate which sits on the hub behind the disc. It just needs bending away from the disc. The reason it only rubs and produces the grinding noise when turning right is due to the slight play in the wheel bearings. The problem has been covered on the forum many times, including pics showing the fix, so use the search faciltiy and you may find further info.Suggest you enter 'backplate' or 'dust guard' into search.

schleifen.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links