Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Replacement Details

I've got two sets of tires and one set of OEM wheels.I'd like to buy a second set of wheels, so I wouldn't have to go to the shop twice the year to replace the summer tires for the winter tires (and ofcourse, have pretty rims that match my taste, though I love the OEM ones).

Could you please give me the details which I need to check before buying a wheel?

Example:

Size 17"x7

Holes 5x112

ET 38

CB 67,2

Thanks!

PS:I have a feeling that all of that is actually marked on the OEM rims, but I won't be seeing the car for a week to check.

16" or higher for the is200

5/114,3

et 45 but you van get lower like 39

cb is 60,1

you can use steels wheels from a lot of toyota cars like auris and corolla verso, avensis and these fit without problems. your better going for 16" rims as the tyres are cheaper and smaller.

tyre size is 205/55/16

16" or higher for the is200

5/114,3

et 45 but you van get lower like 39

cb is 60,1

you can use steels wheels from a lot of toyota cars like auris and corolla verso, avensis and these fit without problems. your better going for 16" rims as the tyres are cheaper and smaller.

tyre size is 205/55/16

What if I wanted to buy some fancy Alloy wheels and keep the OEM ones for the winter?

I'm totally hopeless when it comes to wheels and tires.

So, 16" is minimum due to the brakes, wheel width can be anything reasonable you can get tires on, ET has to be 39-45 and CB always has to be 60,1?

yes mate 16" is the smallest because of the brakes. yes you can buy some nice summer wheeels and tyres and keep the oem wheels for winter.... but they are known to oxide pretty bad and might not be the best with salt etc on the roads. i live in sweden and winter tyres are a must.

these are my winter ones for this year.. 18" with conti cvc5 on.

IMG_0180.jpg

and last years summer ones...20"

IMG_0099.jpg

will be getting new summer ones soon and new winter ones next year

In Estonia we also have to have Winter tires not only because the law requires it but also because of the actual weather conditions.I've got 4 2m high snow hills in my yard and still have plenty to shovel from the driveway.All the snow that melts in the day freezes into ice in the night and there's ice everywhere.

Thank you very much for your responses!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links