Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If you mean the kit you have is the one socket for all functions, whereas caravans used to have the double socket set up, this the new EU standard & all new caravans are so equipped.

If the trailer etc has the old style pulgs you can either get adaptors or have the plugs changed. The new set up actually considered to be more robust & less prone to to random disconnections etc. Just make sure you keep the socket covered when not in use to prevent corrosion.

We dont have caravans on the Isle of Man, I just tow normal trailers. Decided to go with the proper Lexus part to be on the safe side, as it is a plug in device and will be guaranteed not to damage the cars electrcal systems.

Got a price off lexuspartsdirect which came to just over £109.00 including VAT and delivery. My local Lexus Dealer came in at £110.00 including VAT with collection from their place. As the Dealer is only a couple of miles away, decided to go with the Dealer and support local business.