Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie To Lexus Just Bought 2007 Gs 450H

Hello All!

I've just registered here as a result of impulsively purchasing a 2007 GS 450h yesterday!

The car is coming direct from Lexus and I collect it tomorrow - can't wait!

Now why have I never had a Lexus before?!? I've always been an Audi / BMW man though having test driven the 450h yesterday I was simply blown away by the performance and overall car.

I have two quick queries about the car:

1) What is the current thinking on how well my Iphone 4 will work with this car

2) Linked to the above, what's the current best way to play music from the Iphone through the Lexus speakers? (I would like to be able to have various menu options as per a regular iPod menu)

The car radio thingy says Mark Levinson on it. It also has a satnav if that matters.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

JROxford

Hello All!

I've just registered here as a result of impulsively purchasing a 2007 GS 450h yesterday!

The car is coming direct from Lexus and I collect it tomorrow - can't wait!

Now why have I never had a Lexus before?!? I've always been an Audi / BMW man though having test driven the 450h yesterday I was simply blown away by the performance and overall car.

I have two quick queries about the car:

1) What is the current thinking on how well my iPhone 4 will work with this car

2) Linked to the above, what's the current best way to play music from the iPhone through the Lexus speakers? (I would like to be able to have various menu options as per a regular iPod menu)

The car radio thingy says Mark Levinson on it. It also has a satnav if that matters.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

JROxford

Hi there and welcome. Your impulsive purchase makes my impulsive purchase today of a triple Bounty bar seem quite tame! Can't help with the Iphone thing as they hadn't been invented when my car was made, but I'm sure someone will come up with the info. Enjoy your impulsive purchase! :hehe:

Hi, your Iphone 4 will work fine with the cars Bluetooth system and is easy to set up, as for playing music from your Iphone through the cars sound system I cant help you with that, I don’t think you will be able to, I no the 2011 models have a Iphone / ipod connection on the cars sound systerm. perhaps someone else on hear will be able to help you with some sort of gadget.

HI.Ihave been considering a GS450H for weeks now.Having owned an LS4OO for nearly nine years and experiencing total reliability i am wondering if a GS can match this.As i find the IS250 too small it would be the obvious choice as a more economical replacement.Guess i need to be a bit more impulsive.Only usually buy the standard size Bounty bar though :hehe:

HI.Ihave been considering a GS450H for weeks now.Having owned an LS4OO for nearly nine years and experiencing total reliability i am wondering if a GS can match this.As i find the IS250 too small it would be the obvious choice as a more economical replacement.Guess i need to be a bit more impulsive.Only usually buy the standard size Bounty bar though :hehe:

Sounds like the GS would be a perfect choice for you as long as you can cope with a much smaller boot, as for reliability I have had GS’s for the past 12 years and other than the one I have now all the others have been a few years old and I have not had any major problems

Thanks for all the replies!

Having driven the car now for a few days I still think it's great. The Iphone 4 does indeed work seamlessly, though I may investigate a docking connection at some point still.

One point - the insurance works out pretty high compared to other cars of the same insurance group - or maybe it's just my insurer! I'm 32, have 7 urs NCB and am paying £1,100 per year.

Despite this, I'd still recommend this car to anyone.

Makes me glad to be a country boy living out in the Fens of Cambridgeshire, £460 PA for business use 40,000 miles per year with just £200 excess thro Institute OF Advanced Motorists but did involve small matter of another driving test but thats no bad thing, better awareness and way better fuel consumption by driving to the IAM method.