Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Handling

Dinho

Hi people, I will be investing in some handling products later on in the year if funds allow, Anti Roll Bars and Coilovers.

Starting with coilovers I would like to know which ones are best to go for, and which are best to avoid if anyone knows. my budget is around £600 so I want to get something decent for my money. Ive listed below some that fall into my budget so If anyone could point me in the best direction. I dont do track days or drifting, just want to lower the and hopfully get a better ride.

Tein Basic - £591.31

Daiyama - £599

BC Racing - £599

Slightly over budget

D2 Racing - £646.19

For Anti Roll, I want to start under the car first, just need advice on a decent website that someone has used before and what ones to go for if there is much choice, prices would be a bonus so I can budget for them.

i had bc on my yaris and celica really good you can get a real good drop and felt way better in the corners, alot harder than stock, but were damper ajustable so you can put them on softer for city driving and stiffen up for country roads. Everyone i know says tein are good but ive never used them so cant realy say.

For ARBs, you will find a lot of people on here swear by the TTE Red ARBs or the TRD Yellow ARBs (TRD being slightly stiffer than TTE).

I have the TRD ones, and the difference they make is significant in handling. Can't comment on other types as I've not tried others...

Did you get them from a website, I am mostly seeing them from the USA or Japan, also, does the under bonnet strut brace make a difference or is it just for engine dressing?

Price seems quite high, but those are the TTE Reds I mentioned earlier on. I paid nearly £150 less than that price for the stiffer Yellows I have on the car...

Depends how much you want to spend I guess, they are supposed to be a decent set of ARBs though.