Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi And What Kit?

Hi All

Here's my Altezza.

We've recently wrapped it in black and white carbon and changed to TRD shocks and springs with Cusco front brace and on the look out for some black rims with chrome lip.

Have a few more things in mind but thinking about changing the body styling a bit more and wanted to ask what your opinions are:

DSC04585.jpg

DSC04584.jpg

DSC04581.jpg

DSC04580.jpg

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04577.jpg

DSC04574.jpg

DSC04578.jpg

DSC04572.jpg

DSC04570.jpg

DSC04569.jpg

DSC04566.jpg

DSC04568.jpg

That's looking great :) Wrapper obviously took a lot of time and care with it...

Body wise, I reckon you can't really go wrong with TRD sideskirts and the TRD rear lip, but I prefer the TTE front bumper to the TRD front lip. Or if you are feeling very very rich, you could hunt down a Legana bumper...

That's looking great :) Wrapper obviously took a lot of time and care with it...

Body wise, I reckon you can't really go wrong with TRD sideskirts and the TRD rear lip, but I prefer the TTE front bumper to the TRD front lip. Or if you are feeling very very rich, you could hunt down a Legana bumper...

Yes we did take some time wrapping this car. about a 6 working days in fact and we wrapped every including door handles and washer jets. :)

Any pics of the Legana bumper?

Thats very expensive for something which is some what a "suttle" change from the origional. I dont really want to loose the fog lights too.

My bad - that pic doesn't show fogs, but they usually sit in the round bits :) Here's a pic P.Lindblom found (Patrik has a replica bumper I think) and his is one of the best looking IS200s around in my opinion...

ltunedqo3.jpg

Patrik's car:

bannerwn.jpg

Looks lovely, but why you've not wrapped bonnet and boot in black as well? I would...

Because we wanted to do a more prestigious clean look and the carbon bonnet and boot doesn't quite feel right if it's not real carbon.

Reason why we think this is because we make carbon and have builds with real carbon bonnet and boots.

A Clean white carbon Vinyl look seems more classy shall we say.

Dave the looks of the other pics are making it grow on me. I think I'll take a dig around and see if I can find a bargain. Meanwhile I'm on the hunt for some coilovers to replace the TRD shocks and uprated ARB and rear brace. The car is a nice drive but has too much body roll in the corners.

Good luck on the bargain hunting - I've heard that the most likely place to find one is in NZ/Oz, where there are a fair few altezzas with them...

Asi found a couple a few weeks back (again, the seller was in NZ) but the price for one was too much all in with the shipping. Asi wanted to find someone else to get both bumpers as the cost split worked out about £750 a bumper all in. But he couldn't find a second buyer, and I think the guy has sold them now..

Good luck with it!

The two pics I posted with the Legana bumper (the ones with fog lights anyway) have TRD side skirts on the cars as well...

TTE Rear Skirt (nicked from Bash's selling thread, he is selling this for £70 if you're interested - check the for sale forum, brand new from Lexus they're a fair bit more, around £200)

2mezg9f.jpg

I prefer the TRD rear skirt myself though - here's mine:

IMAG0491.jpg

TRD one gives you about an extra inch of depth as well, and that lines up nicely with the TRD side skirts to give the impression of a slightly lower car...

I'll probably be the odd one out in this forum to say this but I think the the TTE rear looks ugly. Gonna have to hunt for a TRD sides and rear than.

trd rear is available from toyota £135.00 approx the sides are very expensive and your better hunting eBay brakers for them.....

also the trd skirt drops the rear of the car 2 inches...

Fairly sure someone has asked those guys and the bumper is a fiberglass replica rather than the real thing... Personally I'd always prefer to find the genuine parts rather than go with the FG stuff. But that's my own personal opinion & preference.

TRD Rear isn't hard to find, as Ormi says, you can get it from Toyota for not very much, the side skirts though are near £3-400 if I recall correctly if you wanted them new...

eBay has loads of cheapy fiberglass replicas of course, but the real thing is a bit harder to find. Luckily a member on another forum spotted a breaking IS with these on it, and they only cost me £80 plus post and painting.

I wouldn't say the TTE one is ugly, I just prefer the lines of the TRD one :D

Fairly sure someone has asked those guys and the bumper is a fiberglass replica rather than the real thing...

Ooh yer its most definitely a replica for that price, just putting it out there as an option.

I wouldn't be too fussed about getting a FG rear bumper or skirts as they don't see much damage mormally.

Front bumpers always run the risk of being driven into high kerbs etc. though, but if that cars being used as an advertisment for your company. It's a much more affordable way of getting some attention ;)