Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400 Transmission Gone Bang!

pulled out of junction, very loud bang and lost all transmission drive. Any ideas? Just waiting for it to be recovered and diagnosed by Lexus dealer but thought a heads up would be good!

thanks in advance

John

pulled out of junction, very loud bang and lost all transmission drive. Any ideas? Just waiting for it to be recovered and diagnosed by Lexus dealer but thought a heads up would be good!

thanks in advance

John

Speculation is a absolute waste of time but if you had looked down the front page you would have seen this:.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=69404

It was indeed the inverter and now fixed at a cost of £3600 - happy days!

Can i ask what year and mileage your RX is please and did Lexus Pay ? Or do you have extended warranty from Lexus ?

Cheers

Phil

55 plate just out of warranty but Lexus Hull (brilliant dealership) have allowed us to pay just the labour at £300 and they have taken the £3300 as warranty. <ileage on the car at failure was 54k

I love the car so glad they did the repair especially at this cost!

55 plate just out of warranty but Lexus Hull (brilliant dealership) have allowed us to pay just the labour at £300 and they have taken the £3300 as warranty. <ileage on the car at failure was 54k

I love the car so glad they did the repair especially at this cost!

Thanks for that Glad you got it sorted. Mine an 06 plate done 34k hopefully they have ironed out these problems, fingers crossed anyway !! All Best.

Phil