Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressures

Hi again, newbie with the same questions and getting a lot of conflicting messages about tyre pressures, I bought a 54 plate RX300 with 235/55/18 tyres fitted and I don't know what pressure to run at as my hand book says I should have 32psi alround but the rx came with 4 new Yokohama tyres with 50psi in them all looks as if I'm running them flat when lowered to 32psi.

Regards Ian

Hi again, newbie with the same questions and getting a lot of conflicting messages about tyre pressures, I bought a 54 plate RX300 with 235/55/18 tyres fitted and I don't know what pressure to run at as my hand book says I should have 32psi alround but the rx came with 4 new Yokohama tyres with 50psi in them all looks as if I'm running them flat when lowered to 32psi.

Regards Ian

Follow the handbook.

Regards Ian

Follow the handbook.

Agree, if your running standard size/spec tyres just follow the recommended pressures in the handbook, having said that you can increase the pressure slightly 2-3psi all around and get better MPG at little expense of ride comfort.

But 50psi is totally over the top and I would say dangerously over inflated, who ever fitted those tyres should be sent on a training course, brick laying might be a good one as the motor trade appears too complicated for them!

Written on the tyre wall should be the max pressure. Anything below this when hot is safe.

Tyres run cooler when pumped up harder, and last longer provided the wear is still distributed across the full tread.

Pressure dictates comfort, handling, wear pattern, grip. Handbook pressure is usually a sensible compromise.