Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Satnav Problems

I have a 2004 (54) Lexus RX300 and the SATNAV just keeps going off course, this has happened since we have had the car a couple of months ago, we have re-calibrating it numerous times but after a few miles it takes me miles away, for example we live in Cambridge and it will say we are in Brighton!!! Can anyone help, it is just a matter of updating the disc? I can't seem to find a manual to help me with this.

Many Thanks - Chris

I have a 2004 (54) Lexus RX300 and the SATNAV just keeps going off course, this has happened since we have had the car a couple of months ago, we have re-calibrating it numerous times but after a few miles it takes me miles away, for example we live in Cambridge and it will say we are in Brighton!!! Can anyone help, it is just a matter of updating the disc? I can't seem to find a manual to help me with this.

Many Thanks - Chris

First of all are you sure you have recalibrated properly?... Have you followed the recalibration instructions to the letter? Secondly, have you done a full recalibration and not just a 'quick' recal (for rotation or replacement of tires etc)?

If you have done a complete recalibration and it is still giving you strange location anomolies then I suggest a trip to the dealer would be your best option to run a diagnostic. If you have only had the car a couple of months I assume it would still be covered by a 90 day warranty (Lexus or not) and you should take it back to get checked.

The Ed

Many Thanks - Chris

First of all are you sure you have recalibrated properly?... Have you followed the recalibration instructions to the letter? Secondly, have you done a full recalibration and not just a 'quick' recal (for rotation or replacement of tires etc)?

If you have done a complete recalibration and it is still giving you strange location anomolies then I suggest a trip to the dealer would be your best option to run a diagnostic. If you have only had the car a couple of months I assume it would still be covered by a 90 day warranty (Lexus or not) and you should take it back to get checked.

The Ed

Many Thanks - Chris

The Ed

Thanks for the repply, how do you recalibrate it properly (do you know or do you know where I can get a manual we have tried our Lexus dealer with no luck) as we have no manual with it and I can't find how to get one, I am sure we are not doing it right!!

Thanks Chris

Many Thanks - Chris

The Ed

Thanks for the repply, how do you recalibrate it properly (do you know or do you know where I can get a manual we have tried our Lexus dealer with no luck) as we have no manual with it and I can't find how to get one, I am sure we are not doing it right!!

Thanks Chris

I will go dig out my manual when I get a chance and come back to you. From memory once you have put it into 'recalibrate mode' you have to drive for a few miles on a fairly straight road.

Also from memory there are three types of calibration.

1. Is a quick calibrate - for when you have purchased new tires or rotated your rubber (this is to do with the rolling circumference of the wheel changing and is linked to the sensors on the axle which feed information to the GPS system when a Satellite lock can not be maintained)

2. A manual adjustment of location based on the map image which may be off - This is where what you are seeing on the map isn't exactly where you are or the direction you are pointing! - an example of this might be where you know you are on a particular road, you take a turn and the map symbol points in the wrong direction. This is also linked to the electronic compass which I believe feeds the GPS as well. Calibration of this means setting and driving round in a circle a couple of times!

3. A full calibration of the system - Example where the vehicle is new and been delivered to the dealer.

I'm surprised your dealer hasn't been more helpful as they should know how to calibrate (or can tell you over the phone) as they would have to do this as part of the PDC on a new vehicles?

I will see what I can dig out on my system and come back to you.

All the best

Mark

I will go dig out my manual when I get a chance and come back to you. From memory once you have put it into 'recalibrate mode' you have to drive for a few miles on a fairly straight road.

Also from memory there are three types of calibration.

1. Is a quick calibrate - for when you have purchased new tires or rotated your rubber (this is to do with the rolling circumference of the wheel changing and is linked to the sensors on the axle which feed information to the GPS system when a Satellite lock can not be maintained)

2. A manual adjustment of location based on the map image which may be off - This is where what you are seeing on the map isn't exactly where you are or the direction you are pointing! - an example of this might be where you know you are on a particular road, you take a turn and the map symbol points in the wrong direction. This is also linked to the electronic compass which I believe feeds the GPS as well. Calibration of this means setting and driving round in a circle a couple of times!

3. A full calibration of the system - Example where the

I will see what I can dig out on my system and come back to you.

All the best

Mark

Thanks for the reply, if you are able to have a look at your manual as to how to calibrate it that would be really helpful.

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links