Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty Waiting To Be Signed Of By A Director

Hi guys, Apologies if a similar thread has been already answered, I'm on my third Lexus having had a rx300 from new for three years from Lexus Woodford and any problem was fixed instantly with no fuss and a good equivelant courtesy car, then i got a new ls430 from Lexus Hatfield and again nothing was ever a problem regards the warranty ie pitting on wheels, new wheels straight away. I therefore have just purchased a Ls460 07 (30k) from a Lexus dealer in Suffolk area for 30k with very low miles. I chose this as against a s320 or 7 series as i have always enjoyed the guarentee of Lexus backup. However 2 weeks after taking delivery of my ls i was greeted by warning lights saying check vsc, vdgs and cruise control contact dealer.So i returned the vehicle to my Lexus dealer who told me the computer would tell them the fault right away. He rang me later that day to say they had the parts in but just needed approval from Lexus GB to carry out the repair due to the value of the repair. I was then informed that it needed a new steeering ecu assembly and that the cost was £6942 yes £6942. However i have now been told every day for a week that no one at Lexus GB has been around to sign the release form for the repair and so the car is still of the road. In the meantime i have been given (after driving 80 miles return to collect it) a is 250 which was too small and now a gs450 (too plastic for me).

My question is, is this scenario a one off and what are my rights at this point, as my dealer has now other similar vehicles for sale and i just want my vehicle back or my agreement (dated 9/3/11) cancelled. Please can anyone advise. Thanks john

Well, as you know the vehicle is over 3 years old so outside manufacture warranty. Did the selling dealer give you a warranty with it? If not then you are relying on a goodwill claim from Lexus GB which will need to be approved.

Alternatively, if it was a Lexus approved vehicle you have a right to return it within 30 days and exchange it for a similar vehicle.

If it's from a dealer doesn't it come with a 12 month approved used warranty?

I'd add a bit of pressure that you're going to return the car within the 30 days as above and that should get things moving a bit faster.

Hi guys, Apologies if a similar thread has been already answered, I'm on my third Lexus having had a rx300 from new for three years from Lexus Woodford and any problem was fixed instantly with no fuss and a good equivelant courtesy car, then i got a new ls430 from Lexus Hatfield and again nothing was ever a problem regards the warranty ie pitting on wheels, new wheels straight away. I therefore have just purchased a Ls460 07 (30k) from a Lexus dealer in Suffolk area for 30k with very low miles. I chose this as against a s320 or 7 series as i have always enjoyed the guarentee of Lexus backup. However 2 weeks after taking delivery of my ls i was greeted by warning lights saying check vsc, vdgs and cruise control contact dealer.So i returned the vehicle to my Lexus dealer who told me the computer would tell them the fault right away. He rang me later that day to say they had the parts in but just needed approval from Lexus GB to carry out the repair due to the value of the repair. I was then informed that it needed a new steeering ecu assembly and that the cost was £6942 yes £6942. However i have now been told every day for a week that no one at Lexus GB has been around to sign the release form for the repair and so the car is still of the road. In the meantime i have been given (after driving 80 miles return to collect it) a is 250 which was too small and now a gs450 (too plastic for me).

My question is, is this scenario a one off and what are my rights at this point, as my dealer has now other similar vehicles for sale and i just want my vehicle back or my agreement (dated 9/3/11) cancelled. Please can anyone advise. Thanks john

Firstly, the problem is squarely down to the Trader that sold it to you whether a Lexus Dealer or Independent. They are obliged to deal with it in a timely fashion by repair/refund/replacement.

They may subsequently choose to reclaim repair costs from Lexus or a Lexus Warranty but are not entitled to delay repairs for approval although this is offset by their efforts to keep you on the road.

High parts cost gives a clue that buying an extended warranty after all this has been sorted can be a good idea, although for a GS at £995/12month or £1850/24month, it isn't cheap.