Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Folks again,

Many thanks to all those who answered my first post about buying an LS400 with LPG.

Next thing is that I'm confused about the Road Tax situation....there seems to be a miserley £10 reduction if an LS400 is converted to LPG but some cars show substantially reduced road tax...or is this something to do with CO2 emissions and cars registered before the early 1990s?

So if someone could confirm how much road tax I would expect to pay for a late registered (1998 say) LS400 with LPG, or any other registration year, that would be useful and mucho appreciated.

Nick

Folks again,

Many thanks to all those who answered my first post about buying an LS400 with LPG.

Next thing is that I'm confused about the Road Tax situation....there seems to be a miserley £10 reduction if an LS400 is converted to LPG but some cars show substantially reduced road tax...or is this something to do with CO2 emissions and cars registered before the early 1990s?

So if someone could confirm how much road tax I would expect to pay for a late registered (1998 say) LS400 with LPG, or any other registration year, that would be useful and mucho appreciated.

Nick

I always understood that unless the LPG conversion was done at the point of manufacture there was no discount on Road Tax and this goes for the London Congestion Charge as well.

Cant tell you what price is as mine is registered Disabled and is therefore free but my other two cars V6 2-4litre Mondeo and 4 Litre Grand cherokee both pay the same amount even though both are registered LPG.

Mike

A tenner sounds about right if you have an installation certificate and can convince DVLA to register the car as Alternative Fuel.

Folks again,

Nick

Hi Nick no road tax reduction for cars registered before 2001, But congestion charge free if registered as duel fuel with dvla ( certificate comes with conversion if done buy quallified installer which you send to dvla with log reg doc)

Folks again,

Nick

Hi Nick no road tax reduction for cars registered before 2001, But congestion charge free if registered as duel fuel with dvla ( certificate comes with conversion if done buy quallified installer which you send to dvla with log reg doc)

London Congestion Charge

The very cleanest alternative fuel vehicles have been granted 100% discount from the £10 per day London congestion charge, providing they register before 24th December 2010. This discount will apply for two years as the scheme has been replaced by the Green Vehicle Discount.

To be eligible, a vehicle and the specific conversion (make of conversion equipment) must have undergone government approved tests to demonstrate an improvement in Euro IV emission results. Such vehicles are then eligible to be included in the Energy Saving Trust Powershift Register. The Register also includes the installers who are approved to fit that specific conversion.

If your car makes the grade, you need to register with Transport for London, www.tfl.gov.uk and pay an annual £10 fee to receive the discount. If you enter the zone most days, this move could save you up to £1600 per annum.

Converted cars with appropriate documentation (e.g. LPGA conversion certificate are accepted as an Alternative Fuel Car and on submitting the documentation to the DVLA will be eligible for a standard reduction on VED.

Trouble with all these schemes that our wonderful politicians spout on about is they dont tell you the full story and the goal posts are moved as you are filling out the form.

I am happy with the amount I pay at the pump over the price of petrol.

Mike