Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

95 Ls 400 Won't Start

ceyjea

Hello Everyone,

I bought my car in January and have had very few problems with it until Sat when I tried to turn it on and acted normal for a split second and died. My husband jumped it and it was fine. The same thing happened again this morning and when he tried to jump it again, the car wouldn't start. It doesn't seem like its the Battery bc all the interior lights and sounds are normal. The check engine light has been on and that is for a transmission problem solenoid e, which I will get fixed later. He did have to clean this green stuff from around the battery--just not sure if its the starter or the alternator--any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Hello Everyone,

I bought my car in January and have had very few problems with it until Sat when I tried to turn it on and acted normal for a split second and died. My husband jumped it and it was fine. The same thing happened again this morning and when he tried to jump it again, the car wouldn't start. It doesn't seem like its the battery bc all the interior lights and sounds are normal. The check engine light has been on and that is for a transmission problem solenoid e, which I will get fixed later. He did have to clean this green stuff from around the battery--just not sure if its the starter or the alternator--any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Hi

Get the spanners out and tighten the barrery terminal bolts and trace the earth and tighten the other end of that.

Then go to a suitable depot to have the Battery condition checked. If its good, sounds like alternator so let them check the charging rate at the same time. Here in the UK, a suitable place would be a tyre/battery/exhaust depot and they are always happy to check these out for free.

Hello Everyone,

I bought my car in January and have had very few problems with it until Sat when I tried to turn it on and acted normal for a split second and died. My husband jumped it and it was fine. The same thing happened again this morning and when he tried to jump it again, the car wouldn't start. It doesn't seem like its the battery bc all the interior lights and sounds are normal. The check engine light has been on and that is for a transmission problem solenoid e, which I will get fixed later. He did have to clean this green stuff from around the battery--just not sure if its the starter or the alternator--any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Certainly if I had "Green stuff" around my Battery it would be the first thing I'd check. A bad connection may not affect lights, but it's a different story when it comes to the draw on a Battery when the engine is cranked over. Let us know how you get on, always good to hear the results! :hehe: