Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats This Part Called?

floggit

Hi , I have a 95 ls400 and am trying to put a name to a suspension arm with a largish bush at one end. It comes out of the front hub and goes forward at a 45* angle, is about a foot long and has a slight kink in it. If it faced behind I'd call it a trailing arm but it doesn't .

I've tried looking for exploded diagrams on the net and can't find many and none look right.

My mechanic pointed it out to me on his ramp , said get two of these so he can fit them when he returns from holiday, I know, I should have asked what their called lol.

Possibly some sort of anti roll bar arm?

Winner of today's most vague post is.....

Steve !!!

Thanks for looking and stop laughing now please...

Hi , I have a 95 ls400 and am trying to put a name to a suspension arm with a largish bush at one end. It comes out of the front hub and goes forward at a 45* angle, is about a foot long and has a slight kink in it. If it faced behind I'd call it a trailing arm but it doesn't .

I've tried looking for exploded diagrams on the net and can't find many and none look right.

My mechanic pointed it out to me on his ramp , said get two of these so he can fit them when he returns from holiday, I know, I should have asked what their called lol.

Possibly some sort of anti roll bar arm?

Winner of today's most vague post is.....

Steve !!!

Thanks for looking and stop laughing now please...

Have a look here :) and yes you can get the bushes seperatly ;)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/Blade918/LS.jpg

Andy

Hi andy. Checked diagram out against car. Assuming left hand side of pic is front its the smaller arm that bolts to bottom of were shock bolts on and has large bushto front were its bolted between two plated. Cant see numbers as doin this at work on my phone but it looks like i can get bush separate as u said. Il have proper look tonite on laptop.

Thanks. Steve

Hi mike, much better at home with a decent screen . It's definatley the strut arm I'm looking at so it's the bushings in that I need.

My mechanic normally let's me try and source parts cheaper hence my original question. But now I can tell him to just get the bushings as it's prob a main dealer part only?

Many thanks andy and mike, from my poor description and your diagrams I know what I need now.

Cheers Steve.

Speak to Andy about parts if you're going main dealer....

He's the parts manager at Lexus, Poole (Hope you don't mind me putting you forward Andy :) )

Thanks

Mike

Cheers mike, I'll pm him.

I know Lexus Plymouth are not on the gold scheme.

Steve .