Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all...Same subject that many have suffered from...Had all the suspension checked out today, nothing untowards found...but when riding over rough ground (Road to my home) I can hear a knocking from the front end...Can not hear any sound when driving on ordinary roads.............Anybody any ideas...Thanks Roy..... My car is a 1995 mark 3 ls 400.....cheers.

I have some play in the upper wishbone on the driver's side (common fault, I understand) and when the car's cold and I drive over speed humps I can hear a faint knocking. The issue at the moment is whether it'll get picked up at the MOT.

Mine has exactly the same issue. I'm replacing the lower front ball joints tomorrow but I doubt that'll solve it, I'll be looking at the top front wishbones and the anti-roll bar link rods.

And mine, it just started today, very faint but it's there, although it did seem to come suddenly, it wasn't there this morning but it's there this afternoon.

Roy,get your garage to double check a spring isn't broken.

I had knocking when going over speed humps and mechanic noticed play on n/s wishbone.

I ordered a pair from rockautoparts and when he fitted them he told me he'd found a

broken spring as well! Ordered a pair from toyota and Bobs your mother's brother ...

magic carpet ride restored.

Hope that helps,

Rich.

Hello again....Had the anti-roll bar link rods replaced today...No avail, still the same as before.....You guys please keep me updated as to your outcome...Much appreciated...Roy.

Roy,get your garage to double check a spring isn't broken.

I had knocking when going over speed humps and mechanic noticed play on n/s wishbone.

I ordered a pair from rockautoparts and when he fitted them he told me he'd found a

broken spring as well! Ordered a pair from toyota and Bobs your mother's brother ...

magic carpet ride restored.

Hope that helps,

Rich.

Hi, How much did your front wishbones cost you...thanks Roy

Well we tried to change the offside bottom ball joint today but the castle nut on the track rod end was in pretty bad shape, so we left it until I can get some spare nuts (it'll have to be destroyed to remove it).

A prybar in the top wishbone showed plenty of play in the balljoint there so I'm going to replace both of those. I'm not paying Lexus's price though.

Roy,pair of front wishbones were about &265 plus vat (which i can reclaim)

You can get them cheaper on eBay,about £150 all in.However the ones I bought

from rockauto are guaranteed for 5 years,and I prefered to pay the extra for

what I think maybe a more durable product.

Roy,pair of front wishbones were about &265 plus vat (which i can reclaim)

You can get them cheaper on ebay,about £150 all in.However the ones I bought

from rockauto are guaranteed for 5 years,and I prefered to pay the extra for

what I think maybe a more durable product.

Hello, Had the car into two garages who have checked all the front end suspension....but nothing to be found, although they both accept the fact that there is a slight knock on the front end, when going over rough ground....so I am still no further....any of you guys had any better luck.....Cheers Roy.

Get a prybar between the spring and the balljoint on the top wishbone, and push hard. Mine moved easily.

Anyway, I thought some readers might be interested in the quality of the eBay wishbones. These were £100 for the pair, delivered very promptly. At first glance they look "ok", but a closer inspection reveals that they're not particularly well made. Hopefully they're similar enough, and I think the chances are the bushings are no different than the OEM item; the balljoint is another matter. Overall the construction is nowhere near the quality of the two bottom balljoints I bought from Lexus (for a reasonable £65ish a side). I think for £100 if I get 12 months from them (most of my driving is on the motorway) I'll be happy enough with that, I'm not paying labour to fit them so it's no big deal. With an LPG conversion, 4 new tyres, tax, and various bits and bobs to pay for, I don't mind if they don't last all that long.

5610242717_01fed6f007_b.jpg

5610822172_eaa8f23312_b.jpg

5610243601_02075fc04a_b.jpg

5610243725_b0ee83c334_b.jpg

5610823056_f46d4d9553_b.jpg

5610823388_6da046ceba_b.jpg

what was the eBay sellers name for the wishbones? Just so I can avoid them!!!

Anyway I think i've got a slight knock, im not sure that I have, but I get paranoid and listen out for the slightest thing... So im changing every component.. that'll sort it :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links