Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Fancy A Group Buy On Aluminium Radiator Cooling Panels?

These are pretty expensive for what should be a pretty simple component to make, so I'm getting a batch made up at a much lower price.

ISX00_COOLING_PLATE.jpgISX00_COOLING_PLATE1.jpg

They will be made from aluminium sheet in the same design as the carbon one above (unless you specify that you want the version with the big hole in it)

I've been in contact with a guy who already makes replica c-one versions (pictured below) and he's modified the design to be a close match to the carbon one (basically just taking out the big hole next to the bonnet catch)

So just to explain, they will be the same material/colours as the ones below, but in the design of the one above.

His work is top notch, here's a picture of some he made before so you can see the colours. (They are also available in purple and gold)

imag0202.jpg

Update 1: 12/04/11 - The modified drawing has been done, and the guy is just waiting for a final list of names. If your name is on the 'interested list' I'll be sending you a PM shortly to see who definitely wants one and get colours etc.

Update 2: 12/04/11 - He's getting a prototype cut out in my design soon, so once he's got that folded he's going to send me a picture which I'll post up on here. Cut off date for this list is going to be 26th April, after which I won't be able to accept any more names. I will then require a £20 deposit from each person who had their name on the list before the 3rd May. I will then ask for the remaining £25 plus postage costs to be paid when I've got all the panels and they are ready to post out.

Update 3: 24/05/11 - Just been sent over a picture of the panels all cut out fresh from being cut out, he said he will start soon on getting them prepped and folded and hopefully get them off to the anodizers next week. :)

imag0693m.jpg

Update 4: 03/06/2011 - Panels are all now folded and prepped for anodizing and were dropped off this afternoon, but could be a week or two wait as the anodiser has a backlog from being on holiday too (seems every other bug9er is off work at the moment!) but again, I will keep you all updated on the progress. :)

imag0709h.jpg

Update 5: 19/06/2011 - He went to the anodizers to check on progress on Friday, some but not all of the panels are done (it's taking a while because of the range of colours people have asked for) But he will go back this coming Friday (24th) and hopefully they will all be done by then.

Cost: They will be £45 plus postage (see update 2 for details)

Delivery: He's pretty busy at the moment, and is on holiday the first two weeks in May, so really we're looking at delivery around the end of May.

The options for this product are:

With or without slot

Matt or bright anodising (bright pictured above)

And your chosen colour, if its not listed then just ask. As he said they do a few others such as gold or purple.

Definite List:

sprinter2012 (without slot, matt black)

bigsteve200 (without slot, bright black)

trackerman (without slot, bright blue)

chief4351 (without slot, bright black)

Blue = Paid

• 2 weeks later...

He sent the order to the water jet cutters on the 28th April, and said he will send some pictures when the cut panels come back. Although as he's on holiday the first two weeks of this month chances are we'll see nothing untill hes back and then the pictures will start coming in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note...the closing date for this group buy was weeks ago. However unless I hear from bigsteve200 by the time the panels arrive I'll have a spare black one for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Original post updated again

'Update 5: 19/06/2011 - He went to the anodizers to check on progress on Friday, some but not all of the panels are done (it's taking a while because of the range of colours people have asked for). But he will go back this coming Friday (24th) and hopefully then will all be done by then.

• 3 weeks later...

Most important update so far I think...

90% of the panels have been picked up with just 1 satin blue remaining which will be picked up tomorrow (8th) so at long last all your panels will be ready to post out once everything is sorted.

Here's a pic of the ones he's got so far...

269550_166292710104010_100001698460944_413697_8075453_n.jpg

I will send a PM to those who were on the list asking for final payment + postage cost shortly B)