Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

...on my hunt for a suitable LS400 donor car, I stumbled on this poor maligned thing:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2304610.htm

2304610-1.jpg

Isn't it amazing what some people consider to be a good thing to do to a car? IMHO, the whole thing looks just terribly sad. If it were a bit cheaper, I'd put the car out of its misery...

...on my hunt for a suitable LS400 donor car, I stumbled on this poor maligned thing:

2304610-1.jpg

Isn't it amazing what some people consider to be a good thing to do to a car? IMHO, the whole thing looks just terribly sad. If it were a bit cheaper, I'd put the car out of its misery...

It's very Japanese though, when I was there a few years ago they were doing this to Nissan Gloria's (albeit steel suspension, not hydraulics). You could hear the wheels rubbing on bodywork as they bounced down the road.

Voila http://www.stancenation.com/2010/10/29/slammed-nissan-gloria/

In composing this reply I've learned not to type "slammed gloria" into google at work.

2304610-1.jpg

They have had it up for sale for months, I'm sure it started out nearer to £5K.

Mike

It's a shame all the important bits have been missed out of the ad (e.g. mileage, mots, blah blah); I reckon it'd make the perfect engine donor car: Some freak will buy those alloys for silly money; the lowrider kit ought to sell for a few bob, and it looks like most of the panels are still original... but, best of all, no-one will miss the poor old girl.

Hmmm, time to think about selling something...

2304610-1.jpg

:sick::sick::sick:

Nothing wrong with that Mk4, I placed several bids on it on eBay, but unfortunately could make the reserve price so settled for my Mk3.

It's done in the 'typical' Japanese VIP style of modification, which is very popular in Asia and North America. There are a few followers of the scene in the UK, myself included, nad no doubt if you scour other sections of this very forum you will find a typical example of a black 2GS done in the same style, including widening the arches. The owner lives in London.

The big problem is you can never sell them.

This car has been up for sale for months.

I never understand how they can pass an MOT with wheels and tyres rubing against the body work.

I prefer them left as standard. Altough there was one on here recently in Silver/Grey which was really smart and tasteful.

Mike

The big problem is you can never sell them.

This car has been up for sale for months.

I never understand how they can pass an MOT with wheels and tyres rubing against the body work.

I prefer them left as standard. Altough there was one on here recently in Silver/Grey which was really smart and tasteful.

Mike

The suspension is adjustable so they don't rub when it is being driven. They only get dropped that low for show. I think it looks ok for what they have done, the only VIP thing I don't like at all is mega stretched tyres, but the rest I don't mind. I wouldn't have one myself though.

Nothing wrong with that Mk4, I placed several bids on it on eBay, but unfortunately could make the reserve price so settled for my Mk3.

It's done in the 'typical' Japanese VIP style of modification, which is very popular in Asia and North America. There are a few followers of the scene in the UK, myself included, nad no doubt if you scour other sections of this very forum you will find a typical example of a black 2GS done in the same style, including widening the arches. The owner lives in London.

Heh, I guess your username kind of gives the game away a bit :winky:

It's certainly not to my taste, and IMHO the wheels are a big part of what I don't like about it; but, it's still tempting as a donor prospect (if I could make cash back on the wheels & suspension, etc.)

Did you happen to go look at the car, or were you bidding sight-unseen?

Cheers,

Ade.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links