Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Dvd Upgrade

9 hours ago, Prince Bob said:

I recently purchased an updated disc. http://www.satnavdvd.co.uk/lexus-25-c.asp

Disc worked fine although doesn't allow destination input on the move

That's probably because of the age of your system, I upgraded from 2008 DVDs to 2015 and am now able to enter a destination on the move. Voice commands are a whole other ball game though, the only thing I've been able to do successfully it to cancel navigation!!!!

On 2 May 2016 at 5:08 PM, Ian-Leeds said:

I know this is an old topic - but I'm thinking of updating my sat nav DVD and saw this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Lexus-original-navigation-DVD-E1D-2016-2017-Ver-1-West-Europe-NEW-/262408429892?hash=item3d18c2e144:g:n7wAAOSw~oFXIOTt

Has anybody tried one of these and does it allow input on the move?

Provided it is the correct disc for your system then yes that will work and allow operation when moving. This is an original disc, not a fake, and therefore will contain the firmware update required. The reason why it is cheap is because people purchase a new disc set from Lexus and then split the set, selling the individual discs separately - most people only want the single disc that is relevant for their country.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just received the 2016 4 satnav disks from Lexus for my SC430. Loads of stuff missing on it like side streets. According to the satnav my street doesn't exist. Waiting for a call back from Lexus parts dept.

• 8 months later...

Hi does anyone have any answers regarding the firmware whether it actually is possible to update to use while moving( by your wingman not the driver ) - And able to input the full postcode for an address ? 

• 2 months later...

I am getting more and more confused with the updating of the lexus RX400h sat-nav maps.. My current disk set is 2007 and has Central/North?East and a disk called Program Disk for inspection. I suppose this last disk has West on it as it has the UK maps which the other 3 dont have.

I have been on to the http://www.satnav-updates.com/ and had the following reply from them about firmware updates.

"Please be advised that our map updates contain only map data. They will not update any software features. Any issues that you have with the current software, like the block described in your email,  will not be fixed by installing a map update. We advise you to consult your dealer regarding this issue."

So I am still uncertain as the above seems to contradict messages I have seen in the forum and when speaking to Leus Edgware Road I was told that changing the destination whilst moving is not allowed even in modern lexus sat-nav's.

Can I order a 4 disk set or do I need to order the two disks I need (I need Germany/Austria). At the moment I can't seem to get any help from Lexus UK but am still trying.....Does anyone happen to know what the lates updates for this model RX4ooh are.

Any further help would be appreciated.

My 07 RX400 came with a DVD covering the whole of Europe. I bought a DVD of eBay that is one of a set of 4, covering the UK. It went in just fine and has removed the block on entering a destination when moving.

Just make sure it is an original Lexus disk and up to date.

Apparently people in other parts of Europe buy a full 4 disk set, keep the one they want and sell off the others.

• Like 1

Why do people insist on torturing themselves with such awkward and outdated satnav systems???  :wallbash:

It is just beyond comprehension why anyone would put so much time, money and effort into getting an old, inferior, DVD-based system up to 'modern' standards especially when, even at its best, it is still far inferior to a TomTom, Garmin or other modern standalone satnav.

My TomTom GO Live 1005 (5" screen) sits unobtrusively in the bottom right-hand corner of the windscreen and has a gazillion-percent more functionality and ease-of-use than the Lexus unit ever could. It flawlessly and effortlessly gets me from my home in Preston, Lancashire to the far reaches of Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and other countries. It allows me to program in my own POIs such as LPG filling stations, the Pocket GPS World speedcam database, and a whole host of other things that you could never do with any DVD-based system.

I use the factory-fitted nav unit as a sort of rolling screensaver but never for navigation, life is just too short for grief like that.

I STILL like my CoPilot App.

Up to date, portable, speed cameras, traffic info. What's not to like?

The built-in SatNav is just a back up now - and a map to glance at maybe?

The Premium Nav in my RC has speed camera alerts, took a couple of days to figure out what the beeping noise was! With connected services it seems quite accurate at predicting traffic hold ups, roadworks etc.. Very pleased with it :yes:

Just wish it was a little more intuitive in operation! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PCM said:

I STILL like my CoPilot App.

Up to date, portable, speed cameras, traffic info. What's not to like?

The built-in SatNav is just a back up now - and a map to glance at maybe?

My father used to call the television at home the 'Idiot's Lantern'. I guess that's a fair comparison between the inbuilt Sat Nav and the latest updated phone apps you can get now. I do however like the inbuilt nav for showing me the upcoming bends and twist roads on unfamiliar stretches! I'm getting a bit of a fuelly freak and enjoy the mpg bar charts! I just need to ensure it doesn't turn me into Miss Dasiy....

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Once I had found where the disc goes, thanks to this website, changing the Europe West disc for the latest one was dead easy; it just said "checking DVD" then came up with its position on the map spot on. Thanks for all the info.

I think Sorcerer has a point;  I set it to take me from Longueville sur Scie to Courselles sur Mer. I may have missed telling it to accept toll roads so that may be my own fault.but it took me throurgh Rouen centre and through some really minor bits of Haute Normandie. On the run back my sons used their telephones instead and we shaved over an hour off the journey and quite a bit of petrol since we just got onto major roads and paeages and set the cruise control. I then realised I had a Garmin in my glove box - I could have kicked my own arse! I have, though, updated the Lexus sat nav with a new disk, having also updated the Garmin using Garmin Express.  

On 4/16/2017 at 3:32 PM, sorcerer said:

Why do people insist on torturing themselves with such awkward and outdated satnav systems???  :wallbash:

It is just beyond comprehension why anyone would put so much time, money and effort into getting an old, inferior, DVD-based system up to 'modern' standards especially when, even at its best, it is still far inferior to a TomTom, Garmin or other modern standalone satnav.

My TomTom GO Live 1005 (5" screen) sits unobtrusively in the bottom right-hand corner of the windscreen and has a gazillion-percent more functionality and ease-of-use than the Lexus unit ever could. It flawlessly and effortlessly gets me from my home in Preston, Lancashire to the far reaches of Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and other countries. It allows me to program in my own POIs such as LPG filling stations, the Pocket GPS World speedcam database, and a whole host of other things that you could never do with any DVD-based system.

I use the factory-fitted nav unit as a sort of rolling screensaver but never for navigation, life is just too short for grief like that.

\please tell me you have an rx450h on lpg I am considering changing my Rx300 which is on lpg to a 450h if I can lpg one. 

3 hours ago, Richard Fixter said:

\please tell me you have an rx450h on lpg I am considering changing my Rx300 which is on lpg to a 450h if I can lpg one. 

No, it was a 2005 RX300.

I believe it is possible to do the 450h but as much as I loved having LPG I wouldn't convert a hybrid. The hybrid system is a very complex beast anyway and I think that adding another level of complexity into the equation would just be asking for trouble.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links