Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all.....I have just seen advertised on Lexus Acessories "PowerMag Fuel Saver" has anyone tried it ? does it work ?....Maybe a daft question...but I thought I would ask....Cheers Roy.

Hello all.....I have just seen advertised on Lexus Acessories "PowerMag Fuel Saver" has anyone tried it ? does it work ?....Maybe a daft question...but I thought I would ask....Cheers Roy.

yet another snake oil product !

don't waste your money

think about it....

if £15 gave such an improvement every car would come from the factory with them fitted !!

Mike

I could sell you a specially manufactured (in my kitchen) sponge product that fits behind the gas pedal, Easy DIY fit & will save fuel for £20 delivered :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

A pal fitted a Volo Chip (FS3) to his LPG converted LS430 and improved his fuel consumption by 20% - I have one on my desk and will fit it tomorrow. An LPG conversion will give you the equivalent of 40MPG so $98 to put that to 44 seems like a good deal when I drive 20K per year - in a 9 year old 180K miles plus LS430.

I'll post some number when I have used the chip for a month or so.

A pal fitted a Volo Chip (FS3) to his LPG converted LS430 and improved his fuel consumption by 20% - I have one on my desk and will fit it tomorrow. An LPG conversion will give you the equivalent of 40MPG so $98 to put that to 44 seems like a good deal when I drive 20K per year - in a 9 year old 180K miles plus LS430.

I'll be the first to state 'b*llsh*t' to the 20% fuel consumption improvement.

Mine's a standard petrol LS400 and this weekend doing 800 + miles I avaeraged 510 miles to a tank as opposed to the usual 420 ........ just by driving on cruise control for the long Motorway journey to the Lakes from Kent and back............. just driving more carefully and better gave me a 21% saving ? !

Malc

Cant see why all manufacturer's dont use the Chip???????? if it works, but I doubt it.

Mike

Did anyone else see that recent What Car? report on premium fuels? They concluded that none of them is worth the extra money in terms of increased fuel economy.

Did anyone else see that recent What Car? report on premium fuels? They concluded that none of them is worth the extra money in terms of increased fuel economy.

Recently saw an article on 5th Gear about fuel additives meant to give you more MPG when actually all they did was at best nothing and at worse increased your fuel consumption.

There sadly no magic answer apart from LPG conversion which are guaranteed to cut your day to day fuel costs.

Mike

Cant see why all manufacturer's dont use the Chip???????? if it works, but I doubt it.

Mike

The only way these chips try and 'improve' fuel consumption is by remapping the injectors to run dangerously lean, which is turn vastly decereases engine performance and will inevitably damage the engine components.

Just use 'snow' mode. It cut consumption from 19mpg to 22mpg for me (round town driving mostly - it doesn't make any difference on a motorway run)

Mike

No snow mode on my MkIII.

Doesn't snow mode just lock out 1st gear? In which case, I can't see how it could improve fuel consumption, as your pulling away in second gear.