Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all!

On one of my back boxes the exhaust tail tip has basically rusted and fallen off. Had a look online but really struggling to find a rough guide on the price for a back box. Is it worth getting both replaced at the same time? I read about custom made stainless steel exhausts with lifetime guarantees, are these better than an OEM exhaust?

All the places that seem to fabricate them appear to be based in Birmingham,I don't mind the drive but thought there would have been plenty of places in London.

Thanks in advance

After going through the various options I've decided to go for an OEM back box, will be around £300 inc VAT & labour (not main dealer). Many places told me it's a dealer only part, full system cat back from Lexus is £928, not including labour! Custom stainless steel options were about £500ish, for both sides, but at the moment as it's only the left bank that needs doing, with the money saved I have finally decided to put it to good use and get the front wheels refurbished!

Depending where you are, there is a company in Leeds doing a cat back custom system for £299.

They never answer emails! That's why I went to Birmingham.

I had stainless steel cat back made took 4 hours to make and fit £389 and its cheaper than standard one :hehe: there are lots of places doing stainless these days just need to shop around, anyway this is where i had mine from if its any good to you, MIJ exhaust- Rolling mill street- Walsal-WS29EG- info@mijexhaust.com 01922645646

Depending where you are, there is a company in Leeds doing a cat back custom system for £299.

They never answer emails! That's why I went to Birmingham.

That's strange. They replied a couple of weeks ago as I asked them what noise level the exhaust were. They said they had 3 different levels and 87 different tail pipe designs to choose from. I am looking at trying to get up there in a few weeks, fingers crossed.

I had a look a MIJ http://mijexhaust.com/lexus-exhaust-system-stainless-steel-exhaust.html, Top Gear got back to me with a cheaper than expected quote as well. The only problem I had was that I wanted something as close as possible to OEM in terms of noise. I really don't want something that's loud or drones at motorway speeds, do you know what I mean?

£299 is a give away, but where I'm based I'll be looking at nearly a 4 hour drive, it's about 320 miles away, and the saving will be gobbled up by petrol!

Hi Bob, Cant help you for anywhere in London but there as got to be a few places there that do stainless "its London" and regarding sound noise MIJ asked me what sound I would like as they did 3 - standard- midsport- and sport, I went for the midsport

Hi Bob, Cant help you for anywhere in London but there as got to be a few places there that do stainless "its London" and regarding sound noise MIJ asked me what sound I would like as they did 3 - standard- midsport- and sport, I went for the midsport

Thats what I eventually did, midsport not to noisy but not as quiet as EOM. MIJ full system including cat for £600.

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced the back box with a genuine Lexus unit but guess what, some how there is now a hole on the downpipe! The car sounds terrible! I will do what I should have done before and will purchase a full stainless steel system, but I don't really want to just throw away the new back box as it's less than a month old. What's a good price for these second hand? I've looked on eBay, can't find any guide prices, and other sources gumtree etc don't list them either

Regards Rob