Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering Wobble Vibration

bigsteve200

Hi All

i have just had new disks and pads all round and also new 18" alloy wheels as my last alloys had seen better days, it did have a bit of a steering wobble/vibration before but as i have not owned the car long thought i would leave it until i had brakes/rims fitted, ive had the wheels balanced and tracked and worn the brakes in correct but its still there and it gets quote bad at around 50mph....any ideas? its really getting me down now as i saved for so long to get my car and now i feel like i have chosen the wrong one :crybaby: not sure if it makes a difference or not but i have a 2003 is200LE auto

thanks all

how odd- i have just posted a question about the same problem,only developed today,but my lexus is 2oo (auto)just had service and new balancing etc.i will take car to garage tomorrow but in the meantime it sounds exactly the same prob you have(not that that helps much but i hope it isnt an is 200 fault

well ive had the wheels re-balanced-tracked and aligned again.......it took 5 hours to get it right, it still does not feel 100% correct but a lot better....how would i know if the caliper had failed? ive had new disks and pads but want to get this fully cured......thanks for all the replies and help

i had the same problem when i got my car. id say you have a siezed caliper! check the wheels after driving if 1 is over hot thats the 1 that needs changing. i got 1 in a breakers for e50.easy fix dont let it put you off the car mine hasnt missed a beat in 2 years!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had the simmilar problem with my old BMW 3 series. try to get your bearings checked out. the problem i had was bearings had to be re allinged or something ( i cannot remember fully)

this could be somehing serious. try to avoid main rolads and stay under 40mph just to be on the safe side. where are you based. i could recomend a good garrage if you like.

i had similar problem steering wobble and pull to the left under braking ,it was seized caliper slide pins 3 out of 4 seized took about 4 hours with blow torch wd 40 hammer breaker bar and chisel ,managed to get them out without damaging them,cleaned them up greased them up and it cured the problem had to buy 4 new slide pin dust covers,it is a hell of a job if there well seized ,but the skin on my knuckles has grown back and still got the cash in my wallet so im happy,hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links