Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bl****y Kids & Stones Need A Rant

I just caught the brats( the neighbors) throwing stones over the house. needles to say one of them was right on target with my bonnet. Its left 3 chips & a dent Im livid. :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

There's not many problems that cant be solved with a 2lb ball hammer in the dead of night.

Brian :)

Hmm, I think I'd rather try to hammer the dent out in daylight ;)

But I do know what you're saying...

Hi, Sorry to hear about the Damage....I would make the parents pay....They are obviously the type that dont care what their kids do...Enough to give you a heart attack isn't it...Challenge the parents and tell them you are going to inform the Police unless they cough up......Good Luck.

Problem Roy is that he confronts the parents in a civil manner, mentions the Police option and Mark becomes more of a victim over a long period of time.

What an unjust society we live in.

The bullies win every time.

Mike

An update I have spoke with the farther of the the kids( about 15 of them) it was one of thier cousons (visiting) who threw the stones. All very civil apollogised profusely & thanked me for not calling the police. He said the childs single mother will have to pay for the repairs ( the problem being they are all on benifits) I cant imagine its going to be too cheap a job to get the bonnet fixed & painted to a proffesional standard. Can anyone recommend a top painter in the east london/essex area as I dont want a pigs ear made of the job.

Thanks for all the comments Mark not quite so pi###d off about it today :angry::angry::angry:

An update I have spoke with the farther of the the kids( about 15 of them) it was one of thier cousons (visiting) who threw the stones. All very civil apollogised profusely & thanked me for not calling the police. He said the childs single mother will have to pay for the repairs ( the problem being they are all on benifits) I cant imagine its going to be too cheap a job to get the bonnet fixed & painted to a proffesional standard. Can anyone recommend a top painter in the east london/essex area as I dont want a pigs ear made of the job.

Thanks for all the comments Mark not quite so pi###d off about it today :angry::angry::angry:

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about this.

I know I have taught my kids to stay WELL CLEAR of any cars when playing.

About the fix....it might be easier (cheaper) to track down a mint used bonnet? Benfur?

Sorry to hear that-bloody kids (I'm sure i wasn't like that when I was younger).

I can highly recommend a repairer in Wickford, Essex-Jay Adams at Unit 4 Andersons Ind Est, Lower Park Road, Wickford (tel. 07957625094) he's done a fair bit of work to my VW van, well worth giving him a call (tell him Colin with the T4 recommended you)

That's really bad, throwing stones over the roof!? Seeing as it dented the bonnet that could do some serious damage to someone's head!

Glad at least the parents aren't complete t**ts and will sort it out - although doesn't help that they're on benefits as we're all paying for that :angry:

Hills/Lexus Woodford have a really good and reasonably priced bodyshop - worth a quote as it might not be far off a quality independent.

Sorry to hear that-bloody kids (I'm sure i wasn't like that when I was younger).

I can highly recommend a repairer in Wickford, Essex-Jay Adams at Unit 4 Andersons Ind Est, Lower Park Road, Wickford (tel. 07957625094) he's done a fair bit of work to my VW van, well worth giving him a call (tell him Colin with the T4 recommended you)

Ah great. Yeah good work there. The workshop I use for all my work and where I did my turbo conversion us Cyclone Motorsport at Unit 21 Andersons Yard. Appearance does not look great, but really good people there.

J

Indeed, the estate looks a bit dubious but I have never heard of any incidents there-maybe some of the neighbours scare people off! There are some great companies there with some rteally talented people working for them. Can't think who on the estate did the Cosworth conversion on an old Mini, but by God it shifted! Jay has painted some of the most exotic of cars, and is seriously interesting to talk too about cars of any sort.

Craig Bradbrook has a unit there )opposite Jay's), and he is a fully trained Lexus mechanic-sorted out the brakes on my LS by getting the diagnosis right and charged me £100 to replace all the brake pipes which were perforated, but not dripping fluid. A few other reputable garages said it needed a new master cylinsder and servo. He had a beautiful BMW M5 in there a few weeks ago-all space framed and the engine bay fully detailed and shining like a shiny thing.

Oh Mike @ Cyclone? Yeah he is like a dad to me. lol.

He builds minis. He has built a Ford V6 powered mini with twon turbos and Nitrous. Also a YB Cossie powered Mini doing 12 sec quarter mile without nitrous and standard boost.

Next door there is a mini with a H22 Honda engine and turbo. HEre are some pics.

J

Have a look see here

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v714/jnortey/CycloneMotorsport/

Thanks for those pics J. I kept meaning to get some photos of the cars Jay has had in to paint. He had a VW-Porche race car transporter in for a bare metal respray-it was 50 years old and as solid as a rock-no rust or rot anywhere. Aalong with that he had a single seat VW race car (I'm sure he said it was Nikki Lauda's first race car). And any number of any all steel '34 five and three window Ford coupe's he has sprayed.