Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tinting Windscreen

cogy

hey everyone

anybody tint they're front windscreen? I'm thinking of it, going to re-tint the rest and add a tidy sun visor.

Windscreen won't be as dark as the rest mind..

hey everyone

anybody tint they're front windscreen? I'm thinking of it, going to re-tint the rest and add a tidy sun visor.

Windscreen won't be as dark as the rest mind..

It's illegal in the UK to tint any glass forward of the central door pillars. You may not be picked up by plod if it's a very light tint, but it'll invalidate your insurance regardless.

Iv tinted my full front windscreen light smoke which allows in 70% light, (does not effect visibility) daytime it is more or less clear but in the night it gives a smokey effect, side windows are 35% medium smoke and the rear windscreen is limo black 5%. and as tango has posted it is illegal to have privacy tints from the central pillar foward, but hey i enjoy my privacy! :winky:

any tint film on the screen is illegal.

if its dark enough then yes it can also fail an mot test due to drivers poor visibilty. but if you go for the expensive tint film then the effect will be clear on the inside & tinted on the outside.

at the end of the day its a risky game & i heard you can get 3 points with a fine!

Hi I know tints look cool but from a bikers point of veiw Im f+++d off with numptys with front tints pulling out in front of me. Should be pulled over & executed at the roadside along with middle lane drivers. ps getting well grumpy in my middle age :P