Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H 2006 75K High Engine Revs, Hesitation

I know this as probably been asked before, but I am new to the RX400h. Can the car change how it responds?

Eg. When I bough the car about 6 weeks ago it seemed that when traveling around 30-40 mph and I floored the throttle the car would just go. Also when accelerating it seemed the noise/rpm of the engine seemed to match the speed of the car

Now though when traveling at 30-40 mph and I push the throttle down hard there is a delay/hesitation before it accelerates, this also seems two happen around 60-70 mph.

Also when just pottering around and I push the accelerated the engine seems to rev much higher than the car is accelerating, sort of like a clutch slipping.

I have taken the car to Lexus and they said there are no errors and can't really fault the car.

So can anyone tell me is this just normal, was it just I was new to at the car and now I am getting used to it, or is there a way to change it's behavior?

Thanks in advance

Hi pickleparker, Im currently experiencing this issue with my RX300-SE 04REG, 44K miles, My car hesistates before moving It jodders when it eventually moves and feels like ive been hit in the back....

When I stick it in forward gear and will not move at all sometimes

When moving u the hill, I get stuck(stops moving) before getting to the top of the hill

Ive taken it to Lexus and they reckon its caused by low level in tansmission fluid, the drive shaft seal is broken causing leakage in transmission fluid. Hence the tansmission fluid is low.. But I doubt if this is the real issue cos I dont trust those Lexus guyz.

Can you please let me know if this are similar symptoms that you experienced

Can you please let me know how you manage to sort yours out, what was the diagnosis and solution.. THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

I know this as probably been asked before, but I am new to the RX400h. Can the car change how it responds?

Eg. When I bough the car about 6 weeks ago it seemed that when traveling around 30-40 mph and I floored the throttle the car would just go. Also when accelerating it seemed the noise/rpm of the engine seemed to match the speed of the car

Now though when traveling at 30-40 mph and I push the throttle down hard there is a delay/hesitation before it accelerates, this also seems two happen around 60-70 mph.

Also when just pottering around and I push the accelerated the engine seems to rev much higher than the car is accelerating, sort of like a clutch slipping.

I have taken the car to Lexus and they said there are no errors and can't really fault the car.

So can anyone tell me is this just normal, was it just I was new to at the car and now I am getting used to it, or is there a way to change it's behavior?

Thanks in advance

This does sound normal. The 'slipping' is just the CVT transmission which makes the engine rev at the max bhp and stay there. The hesitation is difficult to tell if it is normal or not. Normally when cruising you do get a delay whilst the engine revs up, when you are going slowly the electric motors give you instant acceleration whilst the engine gets up to speed however at higher speeds the electric motors aren't effective.

Hi pickleparker, Im currently experiencing this issue with my RX300-SE 04REG, 44K miles, My car hesistates before moving It jodders when it eventually moves and feels like ive been hit in the back....

When I stick it in forward gear and will not move at all sometimes

When moving u the hill, I get stuck(stops moving) before getting to the top of the hill

Ive taken it to Lexus and they reckon its caused by low level in tansmission fluid, the drive shaft seal is broken causing leakage in transmission fluid. Hence the tansmission fluid is low.. But I doubt if this is the real issue cos I dont trust those Lexus guyz.

Can you please let me know if this are similar symptoms that you experienced

Can you please let me know how you manage to sort yours out, what was the diagnosis and solution.. THANKS

This sounds like a completely different issue with a very different type of gearbox. If you want to prove if it is the leak that has caused the problem then top up the transmission with new fluid (genuine Toyota fluid and the problem should go away, at least for a short time.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks in advance

This does sound normal. The 'slipping' is just the CVT transmission which makes the engine rev at the max bhp and stay there. The hesitation is difficult to tell if it is normal or not. Normally when cruising you do get a delay whilst the engine revs up, when you are going slowly the electric motors give you instant acceleration whilst the engine gets up to speed however at higher speeds the electric motors aren't effective.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links