Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Trouble

I tried to put a cd in today the first time since its purchase and it feels like there is a cd already in there however ive not put any in and when i press eject nothing comes out and it just says waiting disc 1. is this the common radio fault ive heard so much about code 303 or something? or is this different? also i should say aswell just in case that this is the original head unit.

thanks

Craig

I tried to put a cd in today the first time since its purchase and it feels like there is a cd already in there however ive not put any in and when i press eject nothing comes out and it just says waiting disc 1. is this the common radio fault ive heard so much about code 303 or something? or is this different? also i should say aswell just in case that this is the original head unit.

thanks

Craig

Hi,its a 6 disc stereo,when it says waiting disc 1 press th load butto and insert disc and see wot happens

thanks for the fast reply, just tried this and nothing it didnt take the disc and still felt like there was something in the way it was making a usual cd changer sound though no crunches anything like that

Hi sounds like you might have to take stereo out and have it seen to

not to put your advice down mate but can anyone else confirm? is it a dealer job and no fix for it?

Hi I wouldn't say its a dealers job,a good audio shop should be able to look at it and tell you whats wrong.The only problem I have ever had was an error 3 message on my 1st Is 200 which was mainly caused by the system not liking certain copied discs.

the cd changers are known for goin faulty, err3 or similar is sometimes displayed, most people just look for another stereo on eBay of the same model (theres a couple of variants depending on the year of the car and a 5 digit number on the front of the player near the cassette deck is the model number you need (13903 or 13906 etc) and simply swap it over, I know one of the members (may not be on here anymore) has opened theirs up and figured out a fix, but for me it was easier to replace my old one with one off eBay and sell my faulty one for spares

depends on how lucky you are

my first lex stereo was iffy, as mentioned by others, it was with certain copied discs, I stuck a lens cleaner in and that finished mine off so I changed it, paid £100 (inc post) for another and swapped it over and it was still workin when I traded the car in 3 years later

and current car i've had for over a year and i've no reason to think the stereo has ever been changed by the previous owner and it still works absolutely fine

Hi Craig,

I'm in pretty much the same position as you. My Cd player popped up the error 3 code a week or so ago and refused to do anthing. I read though a number of posts (on the forum and others) and one of the suggestions was to disconnect the Battery, leave it for a while, and then reconnect. The claim was that the Cd player would sometimes spit the offending Cd out (my CD player was, and still is, holding 5 legit Cd's hostage). I disconnected the Battery for an hour or so last weeekend (while I was washing the car) and when I reconnected the Battery, Hey Presto, nothing. The CD player no longer displays the error message but neither does it know it's already got 5 Cd's in it.

One popular solution is to fit the Grom MP3 adaptor (http://www.carputer-shop.co.uk/usb-car-kits-c-7/usb-aux-ipod-mp3-adapter-toyota-lexus-p-47).It plugs into an empty socket that's on the back of your existing CD player and lets you access music that's stored on a USB stick (via the normal CD buttons on the player). The USB stick can be hidden away in your glove-box for example. This is what I'll do (when I get around to it).

Cheers,

Mick.

thanks for the advice Mick i'll try that tomorrow as its currently getting an alarm/immob fitted, i had a very similar device on my old head unit in my civic except the usb connection was part of the head unit and i also had it tucked away in my glove box but thanks for the link aswell becuase if it does come to that id rather keep the unit in there and use the grom adapter

• 3 weeks later...