Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Change A Power Steering Pump (Is200)

Hi Folks,

My power steering pump has been on its way out for several months now (heavy, squealing steering). The pully can be observed stalling when force is applied to the steering wheel. I've ruled out a slack belt.

So, I have just bought a second hand pump from the local salvage yard (it's been tested and works fine). It cost £30... Bargain.

I've scoured the forum but can't find any details on how easy it is to change the pump. Does anyone have a link to some details? Or, even better, if someone has done this before do you have instructions or pictures?

It's a bit of a long shot, but any advice would be much appreciated. My back up is to ask the garage to do it when they MOT the car at the end of the month.

Thank you,

Hi Folks,

My power steering pump has been on its way out for several months now (heavy, squealing steering). The pully can be observed stalling when force is applied to the steering wheel. I've ruled out a slack belt.

So, I have just bought a second hand pump from the local salvage yard (it's been tested and works fine). It cost £30... Bargain.

I've scoured the forum but can't find any details on how easy it is to change the pump. Does anyone have a link to some details? Or, even better, if someone has done this before do you have instructions or pictures?

It's a bit of a long shot, but any advice would be much appreciated. My back up is to ask the garage to do it when they MOT the car at the end of the month.

Thank you,

Try HERE, hopefully will tell you what you need to know

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, and the link to that fantastic Bahamut resource.

I decided to get it replaced by the garage doing my MOT... I'm just not confident enough to do it myself - though it does look pretty straight forward.

Thanks again,

• 2 years later...

We had the same problem several years ago with another website giving free information, it seems Toyota always try to pull the plug on these sites even though I thought car manufacturers had to allow the provision of information to all.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links