Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted Turbo Or Help Putting Together Kit

I'll be in the position in the middle of may to put together are buy a turbo set up! Putting feelers out if anyone knows of or has one that will be comeing out about that time. Are if anyone wants to list all parts needed in putting together such a kit?

turbo,injectors,intercooler, piping,oil feed and return, emanagement, manifold, exhaust piping, and prob few other bit and peices?

Ive seen one think the guy owns it is off here but as ive just replaced my engine i dont want to buy another for along time. looking at £1000 to £1500 all in slighly more if needed been pricing bits and peices and think that is slightly relistic! Was thinking supercharger but £2k plus for 50 break cant bring myself for little gain were as turbo you can safely get more! Know a guy who owns a enginering firm so can keep costs down with costom works pipes ect and handy with a spanner set any help would be greatly welcomed i could be well of so if being unrealistic please also tell!

Unless you buy a kit second hand that someone is selling, I doubt you will get a full turbo set up for that money! Best to keep an eye on eBay for parts, and search deeper into this section of the forum, you will find some good information that will help.

• 3 months later...

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but is there a "how to turbo your IS200 from scratch" thing around?

I've got 1g-gte internals ready to install, am I correct in thinking I just need a manifold, T28 ish size turbo, zorst, intercooler and an ECU + mapping?

Stav - can you PM me a rough shopping list please. Aiming to have all the bits by March. I'm planning on using the 1gfe with 1g-gte crank, pistons and rods so I can keep the VVTi. Hoping to end up with anywhere between 250 and 300 horse. Don't want to go too mental though as it still has to get me to work and back without being too daft on fuel.

I cant really pm you a list as it all depends really.

as for your plans, 2 questions.

why got to all the effort of changing internals if your going to run 250-300?

Why do you want to keep VVTi?

1) Lower compression ratio with the 1G-GTE internals should mean I can run a bit more boost later on. I eventually want it to hit closer to 400, just don't think that's particularly sensible to jump to straight away as my driving experience is limited.

2) Why wouldn't I want to keep VVTi? I'm not trying to come across as a complete ******, just can't see any disadvantages to having it.

I just cant see the point in keeping the FE at all, unless your making a point of getting as much power from the standard engine as possible id put a 1ggte in. Its build for the power.

also theres no lower compression with the 1ggte internals as far as i know, there the same length rods, just built stronger

I thought the 1G-GTE internals were 8.5:1 where as 1GFE was 10.1:1? Perhaps I have been misinformed.

edit: thanks for the information though, all things I need to consider. Someone on driftworks wants 375 for a complete 1g-gte.

I thought the 1G-GTE internals were 8.5:1 where as 1GFE was 10.1:1? Perhaps I have been misinformed.

edit: thanks for the information though, all things I need to consider. Someone on driftworks wants 375 for a complete 1g-gte.

This one?

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/parts-sale-private-sales/126489-1g-gte-engine.html

id go in lower than that, its been hanging around a while. I bought myself a spare engine with loads of other spares thrown in for £100.

As for the ratio thats probably correct, but your using the 1gfe head not the 1ggte one. The bore and stroke of the rods and pistons are the same on both engines so it wont make any difference to the compression.

Touché, I should have thought about that! Daft question, but what kind of mpg do you get with the 1g-gte in? If I'm going to start swapping out entire engines, I'll just go and buy a 1uzfe and be done with it.

• 3 weeks later...