Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Difference In Mpg For 220D And 250

I currently have a 220D 07. I am looking to change to a 250. Has anyone made this switch and if so what was the difference in mpg? The reason I am not asking directly what mpg people are getting from their 250's is that I want people who drive the same way and in general drive on the same types of roads. For example, I currently get 41mpg on the 220D (very lucky I know!) so what would the equivalent be on the 250? I do a lot of mileage and I want to work out the costs involved in the switch.

I also have a 220D on a 57 plate and I get about the same MPG as you my son has the 250 also on 57 plate and he tells me that the best he can get with careful driving and air con off is 32MPG. So I figure it is a question of how many miles you do per year against the difference in the cost between the two types of fuel. Having said that the 250 is a far superior car to drive.

Yeah, that's how I plan to calculate it. I do 25k miles a year so, coupled with the difference in fuel price (about 3.5% higher for petrol) and a 20% lower mpg and a difference in Road Tax of €150, the yearly difference is €1360 more. Time to ask for a raise!

I find that in town I achieve 28mpg average with lights, stereo, a/c etc on. On the motorway with lights, stereo, a/c and on cruise control I achieve around 35mpg average.