Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing Sensors

Mayprop

My sensors don't work, its a IS200 SE 2004 the garage i bought the car from have agreed to look at it, but wonder what the problem might be, when the car is in reverse, the beep starts, but when getting closer to an object the tone doesn't change, just stays the same.

The garage have given me cause for concern regarding the standard of workmanship/servicing they provide, and I don't want any posible BS from them, so any help would be great.

Regards

Mike

The IS200 doesn't have reverse parking sensors unless you've added them - the beep you hear when selecting reverse is there just to warn the driver that you are IN reverse rather than first, as if you glance down it can be hard to tell!

Hope that helps...

The IS200 doesn't have reverse parking sensors unless you've added them - the beep you hear when selecting reverse is there just to warn the driver that you are IN reverse rather than first, as if you glance down it can be hard to tell!

Hope that helps...

Thanks for that, wasn't aware they didn't come as standard on the SE, I only picked the car up three days ago, definately on there, colour matched, real pucker job, look as though fitted from day one, will let the garage sort it.

Regards

Mike

the beep you hear is just to let you know your in reverse as it is close to first gear so to stop confusion and accidental reverse, it was added as a feature. if you have a kit on your bumper its probably either there for show or a fault in the wiring if you know your way around a car pop the back bumper off and take a look see whats going on behind there

the beep you hear is just to let you know your in reverse as it is close to first gear so to stop confusion and accidental reverse, it was added as a feature. if you have a kit on your bumper its probably either there for show or a fault in the wiring if you know your way around a car pop the back bumper off and take a look see whats going on behind there

Problem solved, had a good look around inside the boot, and found a very small switch positioned where you would expect to find the trim fasteners, same size, shape and colour, guess the previous owner didn't like the two sounds going together and switched it off.

Regards

Mike