Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 - Alloys Upgrade

I currently have these standard stock alloys on my car:

erhrm8.jpg

Is it possible to purchase these type from the sport model and fit them straight on or would I need to take it to someone to do some work?

Angledfront.jpg

If anyone has any for sale let me know I am keeping my eye open for them at the moment.

Total noob at this. Thanks

Thanks man, what price would you expect to pay for these. I have seen a set of the other 'sport' alloys go for £200 but I expect these worth a bit more. Money ain't no object just don't want to pay over the odds not knowing the rough going rate

Thanks man, what price would you expect to pay for these. I have seen a set of the other 'sport' alloys go for £200 but I expect these worth a bit more. Money ain't no object just don't want to pay over the odds not knowing the rough going rate

A set of 4 immaculate Aero 18's with 3 decent tyres isn't bad for that price. You'll be hard pressed to find some with NO kerbing whatsoever. I'd go for it, as they're the best wheels for the car in my book. Not that I'm biased in any way, shape or form... :hehe:

Hi ya,

If you go to Lexus, you can order a re furbed set of the 18" and in return send back your old Lexus wheels. I'm doing exactly that in that Im getting them for about £75ish a corner (Family discount) and will be sending them my 17s.

The 18s are prone to buckling. For example, if you look at the photo of the wheel in that eBay add, on the part between the spokes where the valve is you can see its flat instead of round (if that makes sense). Possibly real reason he's getting rid?

Chris

Hi ya,

If you go to Lexus, you can order a re furbed set of the 18" and in return send back your old Lexus wheels. I'm doing exactly that in that Im getting them for about £75ish a corner (Family discount) and will be sending them my 17s.

The 18s are prone to buckling. For example, if you look at the photo of the wheel in that ebay add, on the part between the spokes where the valve is you can see its flat instead of round (if that makes sense). Possibly real reason he's getting rid?

Chris

Is that just not the light?

Re: Lexus refurbs - Does that include swapping the tyres over on to the new wheels?

If you are getting the same size yes. When you send off your wheels for refurb, you dont actually get yours back you get a set already done hense how they get round the system of not doing like for like where requested. Can't say its not a case of its who you know but I'm told its a common thing. In my case Im going from Sport 17's to Aero 18's so have had to buy bigger tyres.

Hi ya,

The 18s are prone to buckling. For example, if you look at the photo of the wheel in that ebay add, on the part between the spokes where the valve is you can see its flat instead of round (if that makes sense). Possibly real reason he's getting rid?

Chris

I agree that the set of 18" wheels on eBay does look as if it is flat spotted. As for the price of refurbishing an 18" wheel £75 is the usual cost per corner. The deal you are getting is the ability to swap your old 17" for a refurbed set of 18" as the 17" wheels are really not worth anything.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links