Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

Have a wonderful 1999 LS400 but....SatNav has the 2.1 CD (Yuk!) I have been researching on the Web an have found out that there is a V3.6 (2004???) disc available as the latest upgrade. Have been in touch with Lexus Canterbury but they don't have any info. If I could find a part number it might help them. Anybody got any ideas as to where I could get this info???

Any help would be really appreciated

Nigel....

Hi,

I have a 1998 LS400 and I asked Lexus Woodford and they told me (about a year ago) that there was a newer CD available but they would have to get the number from my car's SatNav before they could order it. Approximate cost £200 so I couldn't see the point - you can get a very good TomTom for that kind of money. By the by, as I understand it you cannot use one of the new DVDs, you have to stick to a CD and I think those still don't have postcode entry.

Best wishes,

Hi,

I have a 1998 LS400 and I asked Lexus Woodford and they told me (about a year ago) that there was a newer CD available but they would have to get the number from my car's SatNav before they could order it. Approximate cost £200 so I couldn't see the point - you can get a very good TomTom for that kind of money. By the by, as I understand it you cannot use one of the new DVDs, you have to stick to a CD and I think those still don't have postcode entry.

Best wishes,

Awww thanks for the swift reply. Yep £200 sounds like silly money to me too. I was kinda hoping that a dealer or member may have one that they would be willing to get rid of for about £50. I am very fussy about mny cars and like everything to be the best that it can be. I see this as a kind of challenge - sad anorak I know...! :-)

Best wishes

Nigel...

I have a 2007-2008 Version 1 Disc in my 1998 MK4

Numbers on it are as follows:

08927-50813

86271-15V464

Hi Richard and thanks for getting back to me. My unit is Generation 1 and will only play CDs If yours is a DVD I can't use it. I have to say I thought that the CD system support ended in 2004 so if yours is good that would be fantastic!

Many thanks

Nigel....

I have a 2007-2008 Version 1 Disc in my 1998 MK4

Numbers on it are as follows:

08927-50813

86271-15V464

Hi Richard and thanks for getting back to me. My unit is Generation 1 and will only play CDs If yours is a DVD I can't use it. I have to say I thought that the CD system support ended in 2004 so if yours is good that would be fantastic!

Many thanks

Nigel....

Hi Nigel I think Richard means he has the 2007 version in his car, I bought his 2004 version off him some time back. The come up on eBay occasionally.

Best of luck Mark