Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre insurance

Shrek

Is there any such thing as tyre insurance? I have just got another puncture and it again cannot be repaired the tyre has only done about 2000 miles:mad:and it has just cost me£280 at this rate I will have to resort to putting Cortina wheels on it:)

Just to make you feel better.

I bought a new set of tyres for my bike (over £200 the pair) and my mate Jim fitted them for me on a friday night. Saturday morning, I rode my bike 6 miles to it's MOT, where it failed for not having a rear reflector, so I rode it to Jim's house (about 8 miles) to borrow some duct tape to stick one on with, pulled up onto his drive (remember, a total milage of 14 miles) and he instantly noticed the 1" screw sticking out of the rear tyre. 14 bloody miles old. :mad:

I got my IS200 in Sept. So far...

Nov - Left rear with nail in from building work at office - £132 - company paid though!

Dec - Front left punctured by screw. Both front worn so replaced instead of repairing - £220

Mar - Rear left with cut in side wall after parking tight against curb.... or something or vandalised...? Spare flat too - with 3 nails in it so 2 more tyres - £180

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Shrek

£280 for a rear tyre ?

I have found a company selling Continentals at £174.30 and Pirelli's PZero at £226.00 all including vat and postage. (275x35x18)

They also list local dealers who will fit them for around £5.00

I shall be using the when my 18inch wheels arrive.

http://www.mytyres.net