Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

There appears to be no plastic trim hiding the interior fusebox, above the pedals. I can therefore see the steering column. Is this normal?

While looking at the steering, there is a little bit of play in the universal joint I can see there. Is this a common repair or is it just normal for the car?

Also, the front cigarette lighter has no power. The fuse seems OK (fr cig?)

Also! There appears to be a bit of trim missing inside the glovebox, that would hide the pollen filter? And what is the elastic strap there for, the manuals?

What's the recommended coolant? I need to top up after moving some coolant pipes around.

Both my remotes are a bit dodgy. Can I buy a new remote from eBay and reprogram it, or is it a new one from the dealer?

There appears to be no plastic trim hiding the interior fusebox, above the pedals. I can therefore see the steering column. Is this normal?

While looking at the steering, there is a little bit of play in the universal joint I can see there. Is this a common repair or is it just normal for the car?

Also, the front cigarette lighter has no power. The fuse seems OK (fr cig?)

Also! There appears to be a bit of trim missing inside the glovebox, that would hide the pollen filter? And what is the elastic strap there for, the manuals?

What's the recommended coolant? I need to top up after moving some coolant pipes around.

Both my remotes are a bit dodgy. Can I buy a new remote from eBay and reprogram it, or is it a new one from the dealer?

Hi coolant is the red stuff, there should be a trim for the polen filter & the fuses get in contact with benfur on here for them. Ta Mark

Ah I see, I guess it's to stop the cigarette lighter plug getting stuck and setting the car on fire or something :) I think I'll replace that washer rather than remove it, and if I need to run my compressor I'll hook it up directly to the Battery.

Hi coolant is the red stuff, there should be a trim for the polen filter & the fuses get in contact with benfur on here for them. Ta Mark

Hmmm, I think mine is the green stuff. That's another job then, flushing that lot out!

Sorry to jump in on someone else thread, but I've just managed to fix my front ciggy lighter issue but it wasn't a fuse. I know this may sound daft but double check that the plug that powers the lighter just behind the ashtray is pushed all the way home...mine wasn't but it did look like it was. Spent ages looking for problem but could find then thought just double check all the connections are really tight a second time, bingo!

Just as a matter of interest, where exactly is the interior fuse box? Yes I have searched, googled, and crawled around under the steering column, if its there I must be going blind! :blink:

PS If you take apart the ashtray housing to get at the ciggy lighter be very very careful you don't loose the little springs in there (two of them). One of mine pinged out and down a drain luckily it works still with one, although a little slower. :whistling: