Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Aluminium Pedal And Door Sill Plates Installation

After collecting together parts from various places, I finally had a complete set of Aluminum parts which I managed to install the other day. Door sill plates are really easy to clip on and off. Pedals were tricky however.

The accelerator arm needed to be removed as the actual pedal is pinned in. Two bolts hold it in place and it's awkward to get to them. My pedal came from a left hand drive IS300 therefore the arm was a slightly different shape.

dsc03081n.jpg

dsc03136s.jpg

dsc03137g.jpg

Brake pedal can just clip on, fairy liquid helps.

dsc03138a.jpg

The footrest turned out to have different clips to my one, even though it was from a UK car from the same age. Luckily the clips from the original were removable and I was able to cut the tops off and stick them into the new one.

dsc03139gz.jpg

dsc03141w.jpg

The pedals are hard to find on Auto's and I'm really pleased with the result.

dsc03143d.jpg

dsc03145g.jpg

You can split the existing headlights and spray them to get the dark look - or buy them from Toyota at a cost of about £180 a side I think...

Heater rings are hard to come by, though there is a guy on eBay who is sometimes selling them...

You can split the existing headlights and spray them to get the dark look - or buy them from Toyota at a cost of about £180 a side I think...

Heater rings are hard to come by, though there is a guy on eBay who is sometimes selling them...

Yeah I saw a few posts about how to split them and might give it a try one weekend... brand new I was quoted around £280 for a pair.

No luck on the heater rings though.

I found this link a couple weeks back for a guy on here who wanted a set. The seller doesn't have any at the moment, but I happen to know he makes them himself, so you could drop him a message on eBay and ask if/when he'll have some more...

Best I can do for you, unless you are willing to pay an obscene amount of money. Then you could have mine. :D

Yeah I saw a few posts about how to split them and might give it a try one weekend... brand new I was quoted around £280 for a pair.

yeh £180 a side is for HIDs, gonna get a set of darker ones for my 300, after i've renewed my insurance, had a service and done all the brakes, your pedals look very clean too, mine are quite grubby :(

I found this link a couple weeks back for a guy on here who wanted a set. The seller doesn't have any at the moment, but I happen to know he makes them himself, so you could drop him a message on eBay and ask if/when he'll have some more...

Best I can do for you, unless you are willing to pay an obscene amount of money. Then you could have mine. :D

Nice one mate! will look into it when I got some spare cash :)

yeh £180 a side is for HIDs, gonna get a set of darker ones for my 300, after i've renewed my insurance, had a service and done all the brakes, your pedals look very clean too, mine are quite grubby :(

I got a large list of other expenses too..! The brake and accelerator pedal came from here:

My link

Really pleased with them, look almost new. Pedals are all listed on the eBay shop individually with large pictures so you can choose exactly which one you want.